Access 95 slow in Windows XP

IdahoEv

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have a client who is running an old database application in MS Access 95. (It apparently cannot be upgraded to a newer version of Access for technical reasons).

We recently just upgraded their entire office to new Athlon machines running XP, and this legacy database application has become VERY slow - like 10 seconds to 2 minutes of hourglass time when they open a form or generate a report.

Can anyone point me in a direction to potentially help them with this problem? I am in the middle of building them a new database using SQL servers, but they need to run their legacy app in parallel for a few months and it's just totally unworkable on their new machines.

Many thanks!

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Right click application and choose compatibility tab, select Winders 95' and try it. Note that you cannot run networked applications like this. The server must use compatibility mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back