• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A question about multiple monitors

this may be a silly question to ask...but I can get XP to span multiple monitors with a AGP and PCI card right? I guess that I answered my own question in that I already have an AGP card installed and running and I only have the one AGP slot on the motherboard...so the other card would have to be PCI...hmmm...just looking for input...:)

the card I have in here now is nVidia GeForce 2 MX 200 AGP....is there a PCI card that would complement this card or would any decent PCI card do the job?

G

GhaLeoN

the only decent choice would be an up-to-date PCI version of a popular card... like say a gefore 2 mx PCI

I had an ancient pci when i tired this, and im convinced the card was the source of alot of problems on that computer

Or, you could get a newer Geforce card that allows simultaneous display of two monitors. I'm not sure, but I think the GF2 series supported dual displays, but only one could be on at one time (I know my GF2 gts wouldn't do 2 at once).

I do know the GF4 Ti series (not sure about the MX) does support dual simultaneous displays.

I'm sure there's a comparable ATI card that will do the same thing, I just have no experience with them.

Have all one one card would be nice because you wouldn't need a PCI version as well.

P

plaztic

i run a geforce mx400 or something, not down with hardware, all i know is i dont play games (coz i dont like em) i just use it for design purposes i get 1600x1200 (design screen) + 1024x768 (palette + testing screen). and it runs great!
dual head card, i wouldnt bother with a AGP + PCI, i cant give you a reason id go for the dual head

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown