A good wireless router but not to $$$

Hmm..
Oh well,
i dont really care if someone gets my signal in my town.
Lots of rich people with own internet access... so stealing it is out of question and nothing bad ever happens in my town, no offenses what so ever.
Im sorry i lied.
My town reported a whopping 2 speeding violations, one of which resulted in a warning, the other an actual ticket!

My town has the 9th lowest crime rate in the country, but I am still paranoid ;)

Lol
I guess i jsut dont care, i font put stuff important over the internet anyways...
Hey, you wouldnt happen to have a list of crime rates in the country would you?
I wan tto see where my town ranks...

Whoa!
the median house value in my town is 1.1 million :)
Thats kinda neat...

Anybody around there adopting? :)

You can use shotgun antennas to pick up a signal from a ways off. But unless your in a $2M house they will go stake out your neighbors internet instead.

Crime rates for towns of 100K plus. If your crime rate is that low you have less than 100K people. Population density breeds crime through anonymity.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/2005prelim/2005openpage.htm

They wouldnt go for the 2M houses.
There are about 10 houses in my town of about 150 houses that are worth 6 M or more...
Probably 20 than are below 1 M and the rest are in the 1 M - 1.2 M range...

Vanquished said:
interesting.
My house is so secluded that nobody could get the signal without driving down me driveway :)

me too, im on a hill overlooking the city, but i still would feel safer that way....when i hadm y laptop i would use peoples internet if i could connect..it was fun...

Yah, i do that when im at a hotel...
I can get random peoples internet

Guys, please keep posts on topic in the technical forums.

Id make sure with verizon that your getting what you paid for.
Also, not sure if it was 3 MBPS before but the little subscript says "Actual Speed Will Vary".
I'm fairly sure that my internet speed is not limited when i use my router...

yea i called and they said we have that package, the internet is fast but noit like it was...all the spped tests dont go above 730kbps...it bugs you can really tell...

just tested and im not using my internet

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-05-21 14:16:04 EST:
577 / 122
Your download speed : 577 kbps or 72.1 KB/sec.
That is 83.4% worse than an average user on verizon.net

Your upload speed : 122 kbps or 15.3 KB/sec.
That is 85.1% worse than an average user on verizon.net

****ING BULL****

Ok so i need a part, but dont know if its real or if i was dreaming? I have my router that came with verizon. I hooked up the linksys to that router, so i have two routers.... Linksys is wireless...anyways the verizon router freezes every few days...soi have to re-do the WHOLE setup whihc isnt bad, but if im not home my mom couldnt do it no matter what. So my question is, is there an adapter for my phone line (connects to verizon's rouer for internet) thats will make it the ethernet so i can just use my linksys? Im not sure if what i said makes any sense but let me know...

I have been having a problem like that, my modem for my cable internet seems to be messing up alot,
I keep having to reset it :(
Its not such a big deal but its annoying...

?
I have comcast..
Yes i have a router connected to my modem...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back