9700 pro Heatsink Fan Shot!

LocKStocK

Smokin & Jokin
My Hercules 9700 pro heatsink fan has melted!!
Anybody know of a site where they sell spare fans or heatsinks for these cards??

Thanx in advance!!

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Dont get a regular one if you have the spare slot i recomment the Artic Cooler Vga silencer check the uk bargains section posted where i found that for cheap there only £15. Check it out ! :)

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Before you replace the HSF is the card still good. That much of an overheat did not do it any good.

Any chance you're still in warantee? If so get the whole thing replaced.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
how the hell did you manage to get it to melt :eek:

contact hercules and see if they will replace the product for you...

if they do you are all set... the 9700 series is EOL so they might even bump you up to a 9800 series card :cool:

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
get some artic silver thermal compound to put between the chip and the sink when you do attach the new one, it should give you lower temps as well probably the epoxy version might be better for a GFX card though depending on how the sink is held on. Be careful with it as well

same thing happen to my GF4 Ti 4400, hopefully the people who custom build it will replace it, but that might be slim since im past my 1year warranty (by a couple of months =/)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel