802.11b/g/n PCI Wireless Card for Vista 64?

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
I need a PCI wireless card for my computer, and I'd be interested in your opinions as to which are the best ones and play nice with random wireless routers (i.e., in this situation, I can't buy a card and a router made by the same company to ensure that it will play nice). I also need it to have Vista 64 drivers, and I'd like it to be 802.11n-equipped.

Thoughts?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
N is still not a standard so i would be wary of buying it atm

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political Access
N is still not a standard so i would be wary of buying it atm

That being said there are a lot of very good wireless -n routers, that if you are looking to do streaming can handle it at a better capacity than g routers.

Look for ones that operate on dual band. I've always had good look with Linksys products, but expect everyone to chirp in with their preference.

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
I've never experienced any problems with the n-standard, not on the 64-bit Vista Ultimate on the HDX either.

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
802.11g/n debates aside, anyone have any wireless PCI cards that they know work in Vista 64?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
belkin sucks balls, no matter what OS you use it with, avoid it like the plague, linksys or netgear are better options, i have always had linksys and never had any issues with them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moussa021