• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

600x480 and 16 colors

DrMetallica

OSNN Senior Addict
OH no man! On my old machine, wich i just reformated, the colors are 16 and the resolution is maxed out at 600x480. How do i fix this? The only things i can choose for colors are 2 colors, and 16 colors, and for resolution all i can do is leave it at 600x480, it won't slide further! It's got an old 8mb video card, the old Nvidia 128 Riva 128z, and i know it can go up to 32 million colors and 1024x768

DrMetallica

OSNN Senior Addict
My old box is really crappy, and only came with a win98 cd. No boot cd, no CDkey, nuffin'. But this is what i did.

I went to www.nvidia.com, driver downloads --> Riva 128 --> download. Now it was under a megabyte so i could put it on a floppy. (as my old box doesn't have internet yet, it's across the house) and made a self-extracting EXE of the nvidia 128 drivers and went to display -->advanced --> adapter --> change --> seach in c:/winzip (where i had extraced to). Boom! 32 million colors and 1280x1024 resolution galor : )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies