• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

3x clearmem.exe

Y

yotaiji012

running clearmem.exe three times in a row actually frees so much physical ram...

i have 256mb after running it over 3 times it frees up to 220 mb or physical ram...is dis bad or good?

S

Sage

I would think thats BAD

Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Professional
128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

So if what you say is true you are running XP with 36megs of RAM after you've freed the RAM , plus what ever has been allocated to your pagefile. I'm surprised to don't suffer performance issues after you've freed the RAM - basic services must require more than 36megs to run.

M

max

The RAM the system needs is populated straight away by XP = no harm, when you free RAM you just clearing old processes out.

The more you free the better :)

There are programs like memturbo that do this also , but they themselves take 4MB Ram to run .. LOL

Clearmem is the best.

I run Clearmem every few days or when my PC has been up for a few weeks . i do it each day, like a fresh reboot :)

http://www.xp-erience.org/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=10

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814