3d Flat Panel monitor

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anybody knows of a flat panel 3D monitor either plasma or LCD, i know Samsung had one called the [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Times New Roman]PN42A450P a while back but I cant seem to find that for sale anywhere. the size is more or less not that important(I'd get a 37 inch vs a 60 inch if it was cheaper), I already have a Samsung DLP thats 3D, and this one would go in a room thats not big enough for a DLP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack
[/FONT]

I would wait till after CES to see whats going on with 3D.

I totally agree with that, If you have been following the coverage at all there is a TON of 3d related products being unveiled.

I dont care about 3d products though. i just want another tv thats 3d. and preferably a flat panel that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (like anything new at CES would)

Thanks though.

Directv announced the other day that they are going to be starting to broadcast in 3d some time this sprig. And ESPN is starting to broadcast in 3D this summer with the soccer games. To get the capability you have to have a "Tru 3d" tv and the proper glasses. The Tv's are going to start at around 2,000.00 and the glasses are going to start at around 100.00. It is going to be very limited at the beginning and the only ones who will want it to start with are geeks like us, or inept idiots who have no idea how to turn a tv on, let alone know what 3D even is ...

How would that 2,000 dollar 3d tv be any different than my dlp 3d tv? which still requires the glasses.

How would that 2,000 dollar 3d tv be any different than my dlp 3d tv? which still requires the glasses.

Your DLP is virtual 3D. This is going to Tru 3D .. Once you see it you will notice a big difference..

I think 3D is stupid. At least as long as we need the glasses. If I am going to watch a 2 and a half hour movie, like Avatar, sure I don't mind wearing those glasses. Yet I ain't going to wear glasses for watching tv shows for hours and hours, when ever I do.

Needs to update the tech so glasses aren't needed, which is going to be a long time from now lol

I think 3D is stupid. At least as long as we need the glasses. If I am going to watch a 2 and a half hour movie, like Avatar, sure I don't mind wearing those glasses. Yet I ain't going to wear glasses for watching tv shows for hours and hours, when ever I do.

Needs to update the tech so glasses aren't needed, which is going to be a long time from now lol
I don't think thats possible. I got the Samsung pnb42b450 in case anyone was wondering. Its 3d capable and its awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back