News 25 years of Windows

Courtesy of Bink.nu
Twenty-five years ago, on Nov. 20, 1985, Microsoft introduced its first version of Windows to the world. Not many people outside the technical press or the tech industry took notice. Product launch events that cost hundreds of millions of dollars were still years away.
What's changed in Windows in the last 25 years? Plenty. In this image gallery, we take a look at the various faces of Windows over the past couple of decades and clue you in to what happened at every stage of the operating system's development.

Continued at the source...

:source: Source: Computerworld.com

That's an excellent article, I really enjoyed reading that! Sad to see how negative they were about Vista though - once SP1 had bedded in, Vista was solid as a rock.

That's an excellent article, I really enjoyed reading that! Sad to see how negative they were about Vista though - once SP1 had bedded in, Vista was solid as a rock.

Who wasn't negative about Vista though? It was a very bad move by MS releasing a product that wasn't ready, just to get something out the door. I think it will probably end up going down in the books as being like Windows ME v2 (bad idea).

I've been using Windows since 2[.11] and I think Vista and 7 are both a step backwards, but that is only my opinion. Some people seem to love it though (I consider Vista a 7 beta].

I really hope Microsoft goes back to the drawing board hard for Windows 8 (or whatever they'll call it), or they run the risk of becoming irrelevant IMHO. It's already happened in handsets. The market needs Microsoft though to help push others to innovate, though it seems Apple is the new Microsoft these days.

You would have thought they would learn from ME before releasing Vista. The thing with Vista was mostly because the hardware and software companies didn't want to part with their beloved XP. Personally, I think Vista is one of the best OS's they released. I never had an issue with it. I still believe that Windows 7 is Vista SP3 with a different name and some minor upgrades ...

Hmm. I always had issues with Vista on my system. But a few people I know didn't have issues which made it weird. Yet, since day 1 for me, Win 7 worked well. I'm thinking it was because of my launch at time and SP1 was no where in sight yet.

As to the article, I too loved it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back