2257MB and still counting...

kcnychief said:
I use POP3 as well, but my outlook archives are darn near 4GB! W00t!

LOL I thought your archives are not supposed to surpass 1.5GB???

OMG

mlakrid said:
LOL I thought your archives are not supposed to surpass 1.5GB???

OMG

If you have outlook 2003, you can have archives that are "reliable" up to 20GB. Big difference from 2002 (XP)

Note: It has to be created from new in 2003, can't import from older and expect file improvements.

kcnychief said:
If you have outlook 2003, you can have archives that are "reliable" up to 20GB. Big difference from 2002 (XP)

Note: It has to be created from new in 2003, can't import from older and expect file improvements.

WAY TO GO MICROSOFT...

what a bunch o dorks... they should have made it backwards compaitble... even with the possibility of file corruption it could have been worth it... no biggie try try again type thing... instead you got to make a new one? Oh brother does that sound like $$ grubbing people...

As yours I guess, my Gmail Inbox has reached 2400Mo today... when do they stop this ? Do they manufacture their own hdd's and where do they store them ? I can't imagine how many of them they have running already...

I use pop3 as well, but i leave them on gmail so i can access them anywhere

Khayman said:
I use pop3 as well, but i leave them on gmail so i can access them anywhere

I agree with that but it doesn't answer to my questionnings... ;)

Howling Wolf said:
As yours I guess, my Gmail Inbox has reached 2400Mo today... when do they stop this ? Do they manufacture their own hdd's and where do they store them ? I can't imagine how many of them they have running already...
I'm not sure when they'll stop but I'm sure their is plenty of room in the GIANT datacenters they must have. They are basically their own ISP. When you get to be that size HD's are a dime a dozen. :p

Google have more data storage than god. Simple as that. :p

lol
I guess you're right... but there's a limit to everything, isn't it ? How much storage can they afford for free ? The ads on Gmail are pointless, at least for me, I never clic on any of them...

They also know that the vast majority of users will never use anywhere
near that amount so they don't actualy have to have Xgb x Xusers of
space at any one time<br>

Khayman said:
They also know that the vast majority of users will never use anywhere
near that amount so they don't actualy have to have Xgb x Xusers of
space at any one time
Yeah it's more marketing and showing up the compitition (who were starting to over 1GB as well). They know the vast majority will never reach anywhere near the limit. :)

makes me want to make a 1gig dummy file and email it to myself and forward around gmail just to teach them a lesson :) anyone want it?

mooo said:
makes me want to make a 1gig dummy file and email it to myself and forward around gmail just to teach them a lesson :) anyone want it?
Well you would have to break it up into 10MB files as I believe thats the cap (but that might be just pics w/ a lower cap on "data" files). Also why "punish" a company thats nice enough to give you a nice FREE email account w/ more space then you can use w/ a very nice interface?

I wouldn't actually do it :) gmail is the best free service for mail i have used. The tabs on the replied chats has to be one of the greatest functions i have used.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back