1password who uses it?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I been using this program lately and have to say that it is really good. I like it. It works with both mac and windows. Out of all the password programs and the like that I have used, I would have to say this is the best one. You can put all your private information in it from your credit card info to a little private note you want to right.

It integrates with firefox, safari, google chrome and opera really well. Not to mention the keyboard shortcuts for it are pretty good as well. The keyboard shortcuts help when you are on a laptop. I am finding that I like them better as well.

More info: 1Password

I prefer LastPass, does what 1password does, and it's only $12/yr for the premium version (basic is FREE). Oh and they own Xmarks now (if your into that sort of thing).

More info: LastPass :)

Lastpass is good for remote hosting. I, however, like the security of local hosting.

I been using xmarks for a long time. I prefer it over firefox sync.

Lastpass is good for remote hosting. I, however, like the security of local hosting.

I been using xmarks for a long time. I prefer it over firefox sync.

LastPass is stored locally and remotely.

It is safe as they do not have your key which is needed to access the encrypted data.

Where is the local copy of my data stored? Can I back it up?

arrow.png
Windows Internet Explorer, Firefox: %AppData%\..\LocalLow\LastPass\ or %AppData%\..\Local Settings\Application Data\LastPass\
arrow.png
Windows Google Chrome: %AppData%\..\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0\
arrow.png
Windows Safari: %AppData%\..\Local\Apple Computer\Safari\Databases\safari-extension_com.lastpass.lpsafariextension-n24rep3bmn_0\

arrow.png
OS X Safari, Firefox: ~/Library/Application Support/LastPass/
arrow.png
OS X Firefox (non-binary): Firefox profile directory
arrow.png
OS X Google Chrome: ~/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0/

arrow.png
Linux Firefox: ~/.lastpass/
arrow.png
Linux Google Chrome: ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/databases/chrome-extension_hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd_0/

arrow.png
Firefox on other platforms utilizes the Firefox profile directory.

You can back these directories up and they will contain the latest copy of your data. Be aware that on Windows, Protected Storage is used to additionally encrypt your data so you'll need to ensure that your Windows profile is also backed up. Your data is also backed up at LastPass.com, and a copy is on any other device or computer you use so this isn't required

What if someone steals your servers?

Your sensitive data is encrypted with your key that LastPass doesn't have, so it can't be taken. The only pieces of sensitive information that we have, is your password hint (server side encrypted) and email address. We will notify users via the email address you provided at sign-up and post on our blog as a precautionary measure but we won't need to recommend that you change your passwords as all your sensitive data is encrypted. LastPass has two active data centers so the website and service will still be available. Even if all our data-centers went down, you still will be able to login to your accounts via the plug-ins while we recover.

You can save or backup the 1Password file on Dropbox, another server/e-mail even, and support it that way.

I use 1Password and would never go back -- except for the fact that I'm moving off of Mac and going back to Windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back