150GB Raptor for $189.99 after rebate

I thought everyone decided to stop using these mail in rebates?

Nope!

I love'em... PLUS... if you had another Raptor previously you can "upgrade" your old one through WD, and then you can run two 150s in RAID0

yea yea.. I know all you neigh sayers will say AID0... BAH.. I just want SPEEED!!! WEEE!!!

That is such a tempting price. I may just have to pick one up.

Will use Work and Home addresses so I can get both rebates :D (if I decide to buy two)

That is such a tempting price. I may just have to pick one up.

Will use Work and Home addresses so I can get both rebates :D (if I decide to buy two)

KC,

If you already have a Raptor series hard drive I would call and ask if you are not too far outside your warranty to "upgrade" using WD's steup up program...

It was a good price for me at $134.00 which was for a refurbished 150GB Raptor but what do I care? They still give you the exact same warranty as a new one... :)

just something to think about

Maybe I'm just dumb but how come you can get SATA1 at 10k rpm but not SATA2?

KC,

If you already have a Raptor series hard drive I would call and ask if you are not too far outside your warranty to "upgrade" using WD's steup up program...

It was a good price for me at $134.00 which was for a refurbished 150GB Raptor but what do I care? They still give you the exact same warranty as a new one... :)

Good suggestion, but no raptor atm :(

Maybe I'm just dumb but how come you can get SATA1 at 10k rpm but not SATA2?

Thats not a dumb question WD was the first to bring a 10000 RPM SATA drive to the market, and I do not know of any SATA2 HDDs at 10000 RPMs just yet...

Why would you bother however, when the Raptors beat out every other HDD on the market for speed and/or performance?

just curious :)

Old habits die hard I guess. When I build a new system I like to put the best on it. I figured if I'm paying for SATA2 slots I should use SATA2 HDD's. But I guess if a SATA1 Raptor drive is faster than I should just go that way.

KC,

Wow, I have a 74GB Raptor myself and I did not know about this step up program. I have been thinking about buying one of the 150GB raptors as well. I think I'm still within my 5 year warranty (it might be close though). I will have to look into this step up program.

I have 4 32 gig ones still under the 5 year warranty i wonder if they would step me up on them.. hmm...

Old habits die hard I guess. When I build a new system I like to put the best on it. I figured if I'm paying for SATA2 slots I should use SATA2 HDD's. But I guess if a SATA1 Raptor drive is faster than I should just go that way.
The fact that this drive doesn't use SATA 3.0 doesn't mean it is not the best. There is no other desktop drive on the market that performs as well.

I have never had the least trouble with a WD mail in rebate (~10 so far). They have the fastest turn around of any rebate I've used.

Make sure the HD is good before clipping the UPC code. Newegg will not take it back if the UPC has been removed. They might still do an exact replacement if it is defective but that is iff'y also.

I would rather pay less and get a bigger capacity perpendicular drive since the performance is about the same.

I have 4 32 gig ones still under the 5 year warranty i wonder if they would step me up on them.. hmm...

Yes they will thats how I found out...

:)

EDIT: You guys will be happy to know they have extended the offer to include drives which are OUT of warranty... WOW... simply amazing... if this doesn't show how sure they are of their products I dont know what does:

OH and the proper name is: Western Digital Customer Loyalty Program
https://websupport.wdc.com/store/upgrade/products.asp?order_source=3

Snippet:
The customer’s current drive must have a valid serial number that can be verified in our system.
Both out-of-warranty and in-warranty drives are eligible for upgrade to a larger capacity product at a discounted price.
Only an internal hard drive can be upgraded to another internal hard drive. External drives are currently excluded fom this offer.
The customer does not need to return his or her current drive to Western Digital.
The warranty of the current drive will be voided.
Orders placed after 2:00 PM PST will be shipped the next business day

Last edited:
Another reason WD is the best name in the storage game.

The customer does not need to return his or her current drive to Western Digital.

Wow! I'm so doing this, thank you so much for the info. :)

Rebate details for those who may not have noticed yet, it is good through January 28th and you can actually get two per household :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back