World of Warcraft

If you play WoW for 1 year you'll end up spending $215 or $230 dollars, including the price of the game itself. And I don't know if someone asked this, but does anyone here play on the Aliiance on SilverHand?

And I find that outrageous for 1 year can you imagine like me in LOD 5 years later still playing, thats an awful lot of money for one game.

Silver Dragon said:
If you play WoW for 1 year you'll end up spending $215 or $230 dollars, including the price of the game itself. And I don't know if someone asked this, but does anyone here play on the Aliiance on SilverHand?
A friend of mine just won some war and got a free year of wow, so I guess if you are good/fast enough you can get it for free. I just got the game and have had if for a few weeks, and am really enjoying it. Some people think its expensive to play, but its cheaper than TV and much more fun :D. 500+ lame channels that is ~50+ a month isnt as good as ~14/M for wow. And thats my opinion, so its not right or wrong, so dont start any bashes about my lack of respect for TV :)

Got the game about a week ago - love it! I was very dubious about paying monthly for it, but honestly, I think it's worth it.

Level 14 Tauren Druid and level 12 human warrior. :)

Hey everyone has a right to an opinion zeke and yes compared to TV if your not a TV kinnda person is a fair way to compare, I was just looking at it from game compared to game thing, either way like anything people that play WOW will pay for it and thats that, And they will tend to say it is better then something else.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Hey everyone has a right to an opinion zeke and yes compared to TV if your not a TV kinnda person is a fair way to compare, I was just looking at it from game compared to game thing, either way like anything people that play WOW will pay for it and thats that, And they will tend to say it is better then something else.

thats just my way of justifying it :p

Two of my friends are going to see Eric Clapton live. They spent each, the equivalent of 6 months worth of WoW just on the ticket, not to mention travel and accomodation expenses.

I think (even if it is geeky), that I got the better deal.

I doubt they have new dungeons and features in Diablo:LOD after five years. The upcoming 1.9 patch adds some nice features and new content including new instances. Can't really compare apples and oranges. Just as someone would pay for hosting ... users pay for WoW. Players are paying for the service, not the individual product.

Just rerolled on Cenarius, a normal server. The people are so much nicer than on Arthas (PvP). Also, I will be able to transfer my 60 character to Cenarius someday anyway. After I requested a transfer, I got an email from a GM saying a fee-based transfer service is in the works.

vern said:
I doubt they have new dungeons and features in Diablo:LOD after five years. The upcoming 1.9 patch adds some nice features and new content including new instances. Can't really compare apples and oranges. Just as someone would pay for hosting ... users pay for WoW. Players are paying for the service, not the individual product.

No but they did add some new stuff not that long ago and people are still able to play for free. And I did not compare it to LOD I was making a time reference :) .. Did they make anything for the holidays? GW was all decked out with trees , gifts, and special quests and an up coming fight between the gods to see if Wintersday will end.

I've been paying WoW for a little more than 2 months, and I'm quite happy with it. And yes, WoW was decorated with lights, trees, a "great-father winter", presents, and new years they had kegs that when you got a glass of beer from it, the glass refilled itself for 24 hours before disappearing. There were quests, but no gods fighting kinda thing, at least from what I know. And cookies and egg nog...lots of holiday items.

Cool I like when they follow the seasons lol can you get drunk in WOW?

Oh yeah. REALLY drunk. It blurs the screen and makes you swerve when you walk. and it adds stuff to your text like "...hic!" or it might make so "sho". Its fun.

LOL yes same effect in GW ... you walk around saying stuff like " I love you Man" or "I need to sit down"

lol. I like that. Makes me think of an episode of the man show when they show a guy who is supposedly so drunk all he does is hug people and say "I love you man"

My honor for the week just topped sixty thousand. If that doesn't bring me above sergeant, I don't know what will.

And the drinking is fun! I turn off the full screen glow effect ("bloom") to still be able to see things. If you leave it on and get really drunk, you can't see more than ten feet, and you can't walk straight. Try hopping on a wind rider or gryphon when you're hammered. Looks pretty crazy.

Was in Alterac Valley for 13 hours yesterday - thats just wrong.

Did go from Neutral to half way Revered tho.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
No but they did add some new stuff not that long ago and people are still able to play for free. And I did not compare it to LOD I was making a time reference :) .. Did they make anything for the holidays? GW was all decked out with trees , gifts, and special quests and an up coming fight between the gods to see if Wintersday will end.

You mention LOD in a WoW thread and you say you aren't comparing? You mention that you can still play LOD for free as opposed to WoW ... and that is not comparing?

Did they add anything for the holidays? I didn't know they were obligated to add anything for the holidays. But then again, they did add seasonal quests and items and winter specific graphics and characters *cough* Greatfather Winter., etc. 1.9 just got released today. I guess they were a couple days late of the New Year holiday.

A little defensive there vern I said LOD after 5 years was still there and they added stuff just as a way to get the 5 years forward.. did I say they were obligated? not at all I said I like WOW way back relax vern happy new year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back