World of Warcraft

wwwdjrcs said:
You guys are speaking another language to me :p

Lol! My wife plays and understands the game, but she still thinks it's the most unattractive thing in the world to hear me talking over Ventrilo.

vern said:
Gold IS Blizzard's property. You agree to that when you sign up. It isn't up for discussion.

So you think if you make a program and just because you say: I own anything made with this product that it would stand up in court?

The answer is not only NO but HELL NO...

This is the same reason places like IGN and others have told blizzard to F OFF, SUE ME... LOL

I love it.. Blizzard wont because they are scared..

it is not only assenine for them to say they own your name but rediculous.. to think they could even try and put that in place...

BLizzard will NEVER challenge anyone in court when it comes to "Intelectual property" because they KNOW they will lose, and when they do, its all fair game...

Just my $ .02

I was trying to keep it simple.

We took on Ragnaros last night, got him down to 39% :eek: but my FR was actually 22 unbuffed (so was really suprised that I got to go)

Electronic Punk said:
I was trying to keep it simple.

We took on Ragnaros last night, got him down to 39% :eek: but my FR was actually 22 unbuffed (so was really suprised that I got to go)

GRATS!

EDIT: Plus the quote was of Vern not you EP!

Heh

Who else here plays on Lightnings Blade? Im an Officer for NoES = Nightmare on Elf Street. Check us out at www.Nightmareonelfstreet.com :)

Yeah it was our first ever attempt on him :)
He won't last long :D

mlakrid said:
So you think if you make a program and just because you say: I own anything made with this product that it would stand up in court?

The answer is not only NO but HELL NO...

Did you take this to an attorney? It is their game, their service, their servers. You agree to the ToS just as you agree to a contract. I think you might be confused by intellectual property and just plain terms of service. They are never going to take anyone to court. No one stole the WoW code by selling gold. It isn't intellectual property. That is the reason joe schmoe farming and selling gold isn't going to court for it and the makers of bnetd are threated with legal action. But they sure can choose to disallow service to you if you break the terms. Sorry, but you 2 cents are based on a misconception that gold is intellectual property and that terms that you agree to before you sign on/terms that pop out every patch won't hold up in court.

Well look what I got...

DragonPimpage1.jpg

DragonPimpage2.jpg

Celebrations.jpg

My first tier2 item. Well chuffed.

Last edited:
vern said:
Did you take this to an attorney? It is their game, their service, their servers. You agree to the ToS just as you agree to a contract. I think you might be confused by intellectual property and just plain terms of service. They are never going to take anyone to court. No one stole the WoW code by selling gold. It isn't intellectual property. That is the reason joe schmoe farming and selling gold isn't going to court for it and the makers of bnetd are threated with legal action. But they sure can choose to disallow service to you if you break the terms. Sorry, but you 2 cents are based on a misconception that gold is intellectual property and that terms that you agree to before you sign on/terms that pop out every patch won't hold up in court.

Vern's rant in 1 short sentence:

Blizzard owns you Bizzatch

MMORPG chatter is fun. Me and 2 other guys @ work play EQ2, while at least 3 others play WoW. And then I have the 2 guys trying to get me and everyone else playing Diablo 2, and one of them got me to buy Guild Wars. :p

Looks like I'm reactivating my EQ2 account this weekend probably though as new content (Live Update #19) hits soon and then Live Update #20 adds more stuff and PvP and the new expansion also hit by the 21st.

*edit* - crazy .. as I hit the button to post I got an IM that Live Update #19 hit today. :) Might be activating sooner then I thought.

Last edited:
Guild Wars is a ton of fun, Xie. I have four level 20 characters (or had--my brother in law has the account now). It's MMORPG lite, but it's great fun while it lasts. I've bought a lot of games that didn't give me nearly the play time that GW has. Good bang-for-the-buck.

Mastershakes said:
Vern's rant in 1 short sentence: Blizzard owns you Bizzatch

vern said:

Vern you are missing the point.... BLizzards wording about intellectual property is vague for a REASON. They claim, and you can read this on their own forums, that they own anything you as a character posses as well as your name, and your account, basically according to them, you only own the right to log into their world, they own everything else.

If they thought that gold was not theirs, then why do they insist ion even sending cease and decist orders to any and all people who they can prove sell gold on WOW?

Riddle me that Batman? Its because thats all they will do, they wil NOT risk taking it to court and losing. So if you or anyone else, sell your account, they won't do anything except ban the account if they find out.

Same thing for farmers, farming in and of itself is illegal according to Blizzard..

and no, im not going to ask a lawyer, why would I waste my own money doing so? There have been letters fired back to blizzard from larger companies all of which are in the business of selling gold, and wow items online, who have threatened class-action lawsuits if they do not cease and decist their harrasment of those same people... AGAIN with IGN leading the pack. IGN has deep pockets, so BLizzard is not going to risk losing control of being able to BAN anyone for any reason...

Sad, but true.... do a google... you will see, Im done talking about this subject as it becomes monotonous after the first 2 discussions...

On a different note, I have decided to stay PVP until I get my Warlord status for Taug my Orc Shaman on Lightnings Blade... and then I will go back to enhancement/elemental for the Damage and sheer running in fear factor...

See Taug HERE

/BUMP

Does anyone play Horde on Lightning's Blade?
We are looking for level 50+ characters... in dire need of hunters and warlocks...

If you like the idea of being in a guild who does at least 2 RAIDS a week to either ZG or MC please take a look at: NightMare on ELF Street

Ya know, all one has to do to see what has really happened with the selling of characters, gold, in game items, etc...is peruse Ebay and see just how much is sold, successfully auctioned off, with the auctions never closed down. Then look at all the websites that are spammed, by copious numbers of spam bots, that only seem to multiply like rabbits on battle.net itself, spamming this or that site which sells in game items... All kindsa "we will make you ubber godly", etc, etc...

Even with all this stuff spammed right on their own realms, what do they do about it? Not much, as the same spam bots, with the same spam accounts return again, and again... That's about all I would say that have put, in terms of teeth into their own ToS...

A spam bot can join and spamvertize their website/store of in-game items, in all the chat channels and even in the games themselves, selling say for instance Diablo II xpack items, and yet they're still there, and still there, spamming more then ever before. A person can do trist runs, and get temp banned, ala "Realm Down"ed for joining games to quickly. Thing is, the former is supposedly a violation of ToS, but the latter is not. Oh well, such is what I have come to expect, and such is how it is. That, in a nut shell is how I view their mention about all in game items being their property, etc... A term unenforced, or unenforceable is, practically speaking, no term at all...

Oh, I just had to mention this one... Someone I had played DII with before, who ended up buying WoW despite his reluctance to buy any game he'd have to subscribe too, has, well seemed to have become an ardent player.

Anyhow, one night when he logged on DII after a group, that well :laugh: Lets just say he was the newer player, but this time around, umm well, some people here will probably know how this can go...

He created a Shaman, and was in this party comprised entirely of mages. So, he was there having to tank everything for them, and they would complain to no end that while he was tanking, he wouldn't heal them... After some time of incessant complaining, despite from what I can gather he was the only one killing anything, he finally told them that he can heal or tank, but they can't expect him to single handedly, do everything :eek:

So they apperently kicked him out of the party after he mentioned that, and when he came back the entire party was dead. They actually kicked out the only guy who could kill :D At this point, the party leader didn't say a word apperently, and try as they might have, they just kept dieing, and dieing, with no chance of surviving on their own...

He was like "yeah, it's like in DII, you don't p*ss off the rusher, if you still want them to rush you" :laugh:

I finally sucumbed :p

I now play WOW as a NE Druid on Hellscream or whatever its called (EU SERVER)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back