World of Warcraft

Our guild last night made a general theory that human paladins are gay.

Electronic Punk said:
Our guild last night made a general theory that human paladins are gay.

But Dwarf Paladins OWN YOUR FACE. My best friend is one. He owns lots of faces!

logisticprism said:
YES!

FOR THE HORDE!!! (level 32 undead priest w/ shadow spec)

Thats great how about all you guys post your server with your character names when you post here? It gets old seeing someone from OSNN has a character..

Priest/Rogue/Etc....

and I have NO CLUE what server you are on...

TAUG Orc Shaman 35th Level

Server: Lightning's Blade

Last edited:
Unwonted said:
But Dwarf Paladins OWN YOUR FACE. My best friend is one. He owns lots of faces!

Heh, now this comment is funny.... no Paladin has ever owned my face...

matter of fact I have killed 3 of 4 Paladins I fought while alone, and 1 paladin who was 3 levels higher than me even when he had his hunter friend there....

I died right after I killed the paladin but damn it was worth it...

LOL

Taug Orc Shaman 35th Level

and the 4th I still almost killed and he was 36th when I was 33rd :)

mlakrid said:
Heh, now this comment is funny.... no Paladin has ever owned my face...

matter of fact I have killed 3 of 4 Paladins I fought while alone, and 1 paladin who was 3 levels higher than me even when he had his hunter friend there....

...and the 4th I still almost killed and he was 36th when I was 33rd :)
I was joking about paladins and face owning, sadly. My dwarf paladin friend hasn't owned anything since the giant nerf in January or February. After that, their new slogan was "LFG", since they're useless alone.

Notice how you kill higher level players (in fact, the class you ranked second hardest) than yourself with consistency.
The world of being a shaman is quite a different experience than that of all the others. While nearly every other class has been the victim of the nerfbat at one time or another have only had their skills increased (like making an AoE totem immune to AoE...wtf...) except for diminishing returns on FS--though its damage is not diminished. AND they're the only class that can run five man instances with a single class in the party. Did I mention that Blizzard has plans to toss in a nice new spell/talent/ability (Bloodlust) for shamans? They never have to fear a nerf; it's not going to happen.

Blizzard continues to buff the strong classes, nerf the weak ones. It is at the point where nobody wants to take warlocks/paladins anywhere. We were inside instances for our soulstones and gimpy AoE. Putting all that time into getting to level 60 only to find out your class is fairly useless in PvP and PvE...Same level mobs took 30 seconds each to kill when soloing, 45 seconds when you are a paladin. My paladin friend would toggle attack on a mob and go make a sandwich.

I've seen nearly all content in the game except below-40 horde stuff. (even so, I've run the barrens instances) The exploration and newness of the game was what drew me, and now it is gone. I started an undead priest and played him for a while, only to realize that every single quest I ran was an exact mirror of an alliance quest. The fact that the game has been around since November and the only major new content has been Dire Maul (Gurubashi Arena is cute for about three minutes) speaks volumes about the future of this game. Two new battlegrounds coming, sure...but if they want to be a PvP based game they already have Guild Wars to compete with, which specializes in PvP and does it better.

Ok I'm done writing words now.

P.S. I was once a 60 human warlock on Arthas. He belongs to some British kid now.

Last edited:
mlakrid said:
Thats great how about all you guys post your server with your character names when you post here? It gets old seeing someone from OSNN has a character..

Priest/Rogue/Etc....

and I have NO CLUE what server you are on...

TAUG Orc Shaman 35th Level

Realm: Shattered Hand

Unwonted said:
I was joking about paladins and face owning, sadly. My dwarf paladin friend hasn't owned anything since the giant nerf in January or February. After that, their new slogan was "LFG", since they're useless alone.

Notice how you kill higher level players (in fact, the class you ranked second hardest) than yourself with consistency.
The world of being a shaman is quite a different experience than that of all the others. While nearly every other class has been the victim of the nerfbat at one time or another have only had their skills increased (like making an AoE totem immune to AoE...wtf...) except for diminishing returns on FS--though its damage is not diminished. AND they're the only class that can run five man instances with a single class in the party. Did I mention that Blizzard has plans to toss in a nice new spell/talent/ability (Bloodlust) for shamans? They never have to fear a nerf; it's not going to happen.

P.S. I was once a 60 human warlock on Arthas. He belongs to some British kid now.

I would like to say I liked your post and I agree with most everything of what you said, but I HAVE to disagree with some as well. and Im not whining just telling you how it is, so here goes:

I also play on Stormrage, and I have 2 characters. The first is a gnome warlock, and while warlocks arent the end all be all or anything, I have to say, they needed nerfing bad... although i admit I was sad when they did. it was simple really, CoA, fear, immolate, drain life, and when they begin running at you again repeat. Only then, at the very least they made the demonology builds actually worth it now. so the warlocks have been balanced, yet strangely powerful, if played right.

now as for paladins... I play a 36th level paladin named Thaolin on Stormrage as well But seriously... they were never meant to withstand a heavy amount of magic damage, only melee. And they were neever meant to deal out serious damage either, that was for the warrior and rogue. So Paladins are what they are, a watered down warrior with healing abilities and 2 protective shields.

Which I might add they are NOT supposed to have... they were only meant to have 1 shield the OTHER was supposed to be party only not SELF... and if you don't believe me read the context of the shield as per blizzard "Blessing of protection: A targeted party member is protected from all physical attacks for 8 sec, but during that time they cannot attack or use physical abilities. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time." and blizzard openly admits this was an uncorrectable mistake, and they will never fix it. Why is that? because they would have to change the code and its mechanics of who is in what party, and it would ne nearly impossible for them to change it in a way as not to include the paladin themselves (so Im told, Im no coder).

Now while I agree with you that shamans are too powerful they did it for one reason: Balance... on almost every realm, the Alliance outnumber the horde... on my server (Lightnings Blade) at one time it was almost 4 to 1, Although Im not sure what it is now, so to explain why I understand I have listed below why...

Now, I mentioned balance, to prove this fact applies to shamans as well is very easy indeed, How? Easy, one word: totems... look at it from a Paladin vs shaman stand point, if a group of Paladins face a group of shamans the paladins will win EASILY if played right, and ONLY for one reason... their auras ALL STACK... Shaman on the other hand get screwed because BLizzard has said in the same light they have NO plans on fixing the fact that the totems don't stack, and its not like they work real well either, all in all it balances out, and thats why they did it.

I dont know if I truely agree with their reasons.

on a different note: I would like to note one other thing, Blizzard has said they are going to release a VERY large content patch, and it will likely release on the same patch as Battlegrounds.

Too bad you arent out there, I guess your wife is glad to have you back :)

Ha...yeah. I missed her. Things are so much better between us now. I go back and look at all the Warcraft stuff sometimes...it's like visiting and old place you used to live; not really wanting to go back, but just enjoying the nostalgia. Maybe I'll pick up WoW again when it's changed a lot. A new instance in six months is not enough to bring me back, plus I absolutely hate instances--I need new world content. I'd like to see them make two or three man instances as well, which would remove half of my hatred for them because you could just grab a good friend or two to do it. When I do join, it will be on a normal server, where PvP is organized and fun, and you can have alliance and horde on the same server. It's actually how I imagined PvP was going to be when I bought the game.

Some people like me who started an alliance toon from day one and got tired of it have moved on to horde alts. Soon it will all be balanced; every time they make a new server it's full of horde. Arthas was once 3:1 high level alliance to horde. Now it's 1:1.2

Horde are more fun to play because they have useful, interesting racials, classes, and quests. Everyone wants shamans, Warstomp, and undead Will of the Forsaken and water breathing. Whohoo...increased stealth detection for 30 seconds with a three minute cooldown? WOW great racial, Blizz. What, an elf can turn invisible, but ONLY if he's not moving? Great PvP maneuver. Gnomes have escape artist, but it takes 1.5 seconds, and they just re-snare you anyway because you can't do it again for 3 minutes. And the quests...horde low level quests are like "Go get this guy's remains", and "go bonk those lazy peons with this stick". Alliance it's "kill kobolds. Now go kill MORE kobolds, and when you're done, kill EVEN MORE kobolds."

I am 2 bars away from level 40 and I am far more excited than I should be.

Here we go:
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charh...&minlevel=1&maxlevel=60&charname=electronicus

Sadly seems to be out of date...

4875073.jpg

Unwonted said:
Ha...yeah. I missed her. Things are so much better between us now. I go back and look at all the Warcraft stuff sometimes...it's like visiting and old place you used to live; not really wanting to go back, but just enjoying the nostalgia. Maybe I'll pick up WoW again when it's changed a lot. A new instance in six months is not enough to bring me back, plus I absolutely hate instances--I need new world content. I'd like to see them make two or three man instances as well, which would remove half of my hatred for them because you could just grab a good friend or two to do it. When I do join, it will be on a normal server, where PvP is organized and fun, and you can have alliance and horde on the same server. It's actually how I imagined PvP was going to be when I bought the game.

Some people like me who started an alliance toon from day one and got tired of it have moved on to horde alts. Soon it will all be balanced; every time they make a new server it's full of horde. Arthas was once 3:1 high level alliance to horde. Now it's 1:1.2

Horde are more fun to play because they have useful, interesting racials, classes, and quests. Everyone wants shamans, Warstomp, and undead Will of the Forsaken and water breathing. Whohoo...increased stealth detection for 30 seconds with a three minute cooldown? WOW great racial, Blizz. What, an elf can turn invisible, but ONLY if he's not moving? Great PvP maneuver. Gnomes have escape artist, but it takes 1.5 seconds, and they just re-snare you anyway because you can't do it again for 3 minutes. And the quests...horde low level quests are like "Go get this guy's remains", and "go bonk those lazy peons with this stick". Alliance it's "kill kobolds. Now go kill MORE kobolds, and when you're done, kill EVEN MORE kobolds."

I hear ya... I lost a very good G/F because of EQ back in the day...

None of the racials seem to strike me as too useful... ALthough I have to say, I have almost been ganked by NE hunters more times than I care to think about. They have the best of both worlds distance attacks and the ability to stealth and corpse camp you.

The only upside.. they CANT take a hit... I got corpsemaker last week:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=7786 and a hunter 1 level below me had the misfortune of pissing me off... I waited till his pet engaged me, dropped an Earth Bind totem, GW, then ran all the ay up to the hunter, Frost shocked, and sadly for him 2 back to Back WF one with 2 crits and 1 on the other went off... Lets just say he didnt even get to turn all the way around to try and run before I hit him again and he died.

It was the single most Triumphant moment of my Shaman to date... Being an Orc wielding a sick axe like this.... when it procs... I almost want to cry at the beauty of it...

Also, if you decide to come back to the PVP (Darkside) then join my PVP server: Lightnings Blade everyone in my guild (except me :( )has at least 1 level 60, most of them have a 30+ alt as well...

Last edited:
mlakrid said:
Also, if you decide to come back to the PVP (Darkside) then join my PVP server: Lightnings Blade everyone in my guild (except me :( )has at least 1 level 60, most of them have a 30+ alt as well...

I will consider it on my return to Warcraft, but the return might be long in coming. I have an unused copy of it on my computer desk that calls to me quietly, but may get louder as I see the game improve.

I made my ascent to 60 back when everyone wasn't 60 (but I was also on the highest-populated server in Warcraft). I would imagine it's hard to level in non-instanced areas these days (which are the only places I want to level). STV was a path of tears, and Un'Goro crater wasn't much better (although I did do a couple of Hive quests with friendly tauren hunter :))

With battlegrounds, Normal server people can get just as many CPs, and never have to fight without consent. I like that. Maybe this is what I've always wanted.

If and WHEN you do, look me up, we would be glad to have another player join the fray for the HORDE!
UD mages are sick sick sick...hehe
I on the other hand PREFER the carnage of PVP, its excitement at every turn...
and just yesterday, I replaced my corpsemaker with the Blue axe dropped by Herod. I forget the name but it is SICK, it throws you into a state of revolutions, which WILL proc even if you have WF cast on your axe... Man its sick damage....

LOL

damn just hit level 40 and i'm 25 gold shy of my mount. anyone have any good places to grind/get stuff to sell?

I am still doing the thick leather bits :)
Or get a group together and do SM -- if you are horde that is.

i've been doing SM (mostly cath/arm) constantly for the past 8 levels. it's good gold, yes, but it takes a lot of time.

logisticprism said:
i've been doing SM (mostly cath/arm) constantly for the past 8 levels. it's good gold, yes, but it takes a lot of time.

SM was probably my favorite instance in the entire game! Don't even bother going to Badlands...better to grind for a few levels or find other places to quest (like around Feathermoon).

Badlands are the worst quests I've ever done.

Wow, you guys are *still* playing this?!

Logistic, try Ashzara (sp?) its over near the Night Elf region, way east of Astranaar? (Sorry, its been a long time since I played). As soon as you enter the zone there are some ghost thingies that drop decent gold and that magewaeve or whatever cloth.

I already had a mount by 40, but that was one of my post-40 grinding spots. Also that zone is littered with chests that spawn some blue items. Or it did when I was playing months ago...

Did they fix warriors yet? My mains were a rogue and a warrior, and my warrior was such a sissy. The whole thinking of making a rogue the king of melee was just astounding to me... Then again, I'm an old NWNs player. A rogue should be a nimble, stealthy character that should "hit and run". A warrior should be a character to put the smack down on anybody in melee. After all, its a warrior.... And my rogue was so easy to play...too easy.. especially in PvP, it wasn't fun anymore.

I guess if they did something decent to warriors I might come back. But I seem to get more enjoyment spending that $15 on beer at the moment :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back