World of Warcraft

Electronic Punk said:
congrats, then pvp gear eh?
or wait for an expansion! :)

Actually, I think I might stop playing soon. My wife wants me back.

MC82 said:
The quest that they are talking about is for the elite mount for warlocks and it is supposed to be extremely hard. As for paladins, you are safe for now. not sure about hte epic mount though.

here are some pictures of epic mounts http://www.beyondeight.com/WoWUI/?p=11

Ugh...working my way through the warlock quest now. So far, I've bought 160G of things at the auction house, 150G and 6G quest item from a vendor, and I still have yet to buy ANOTHER 250G reagent. With only 40G left, I may have to turn to instance loot runs to make my money. Also, I killed over 100 owlbeasts in Winterspring to get other required quest items. After I gather all the necessary items, I have to do a 5-Man Scholomance quest followed by a grand finale in Dire Maul. So 666 gold and two rough quests after hitting 60, I'll have my beautiful beast. Nice thing about the quest, however, is that I may just hire another warlock to use HIS 250G reagents and save some money.

Last edited:
Some on in my guild just got there Elite Warlock mount a few nights ago... Looks real sweet. I think he might of missed a few nights of sleep trying to get it :lick:. I belive he was one of the first on my server (Bloodhoof). He was a few gold short, so a few people in the guild pitched in for a few gold :nervous:

LOL guess what I found out today! Killing a dreadsteed is not part of the quest, so if another group goes in with a lock, does the quest, invites you to the group when they kill the dreadsteed, and summons you to dire maul (and you have the quest to speak to the dreadsteed spirit) you get your dreadsteed without a fight and save 250G! I'm going to try that one and be sure to thank the group ;)

*/who 60 warlock Dire maul* hehehehe

I got my dreadstead on Friday night. Did it with myself, 2 other warlocks, a priest, and a warrior. We split the 350g cost of the materials between the 3 of us. And was a rather easy quest. Overall I think I spent 550g for the entire quest and about 4hrs of play time. Definately much cheaper than the normall 900g I would have had to spend.

Electronic Punk said:
Oh mate, its been ages since I talked to you.

I know, far too long!

Sry about not getting back to you sooner, busy busy busy at the min. Might be floating around on MSN later, if not, I'll drop you an e-mail!

If anyone's on the Europe servers and fancies randomly starting a new char (or started a new one when the new servers came up!) me and mates started the first guild on Ragnaros (pvp)! Original Sin.

Tis all good, if you fancy it at any point, pm me here and i could chuck you details. It's good fun on a server where the highest level isn't even quite lvl 50.

i picked up this game almost exactly 2 weeks ago. in those 2 weeks i have just over 3 days of gametime and a level 26 undead priest (i'm on shattered hand if anyone wants to play). WAY too addictive. ugh...WoW or exams, so hard to choose. that said, this is one of the best games i've ever played...WoW...wow, some intense stuff.

Reading this thread brings back my SWG days. :( Same people I played that with are now playing WoW. I wish I had more time as I love games like these but do to them being HUGE time sinks I never really play the games enough to make it worth the purchase/subscription fee.

Level 35 atm, found a good little money maker too ;d
Buying leather from the AH, converting it into some headband I can make and selling it for a profit :D -- not only that but it levels up my skills too - lol

Electronic Punk said:
Buying leather from the AH, converting it into some headband I can make and selling it for a profit :D -- not only that but it levels up my skills too - lol
Oh man that sooooo reminds me of SWG. I was an Artisan. :) Perhaps I can win the lotto soon so then I can afford to play. :D

Electronic Punk said:

I've found an easier moneymaker than that... selling enchants that make weapons glow! Sold a beastslayer enchant that makes weapons glow red for 2 gold the other day... not bad for a L17 char :squareeye

Also, i grind the coast murlocs quite a lot... they drop a lot of green items that go for about 30-80 silver on the AH... i'm pretty loaded now! Time to sell my money off on e-bay methinks... :rolleyes:

omg, I want a weapon that glows! :eek:
I bought about 100 thick leather before I flew over to florida, gonna be waiting for me when I get back ;D

Too bad you can't enchant a ranged weapon...I always wanted a fiery glow to my wand.

If you're on a PvP server (and maybe on normal as well!), you can make tons of money selling herbs. Ghost mushrooms go for more than a gold each on the server I played on, Silversage for 12G a stack, and fishing--stonescale eels fetch 10-15G a stack too.

After I got rid of my main account (60 warlock), I went on a 10 day trial, used hacks all day, and got the trial account banned. It was great fun though, running a level 1 gnome to the gates of Orgrimmar, levitating five feet above the ground, outrunning the deeprun tram, and standing inside the holes in Ironforge where the gryphons enter. The hack I was using also had the options of "Track all alliance" and "track all horde", even tracking stealthed rogues!

But now my wife has me back and I'm returning to normal. Good fun up to 60, but now it's time to retire.

Perhaps there will be an expansion that will increase things to 70 ?
+with enough going on exta to make it all worth it ?

I'm on the Shadowmoon Server server myself with a lev 43 Nightelf Hunter - fighting my way to get 72 gold though (already have bought the riding spec for cats) on 22 so far but then I have to lose gold every now and again to pay for repairs / more arrows (which currently cost 9s per 200, a bite if your saving for the 1st mount)

If anyone is interested in hooking up, my characer name is Nizurel

Dublex said:
I'm on the Shadowmoon Server server myself with a lev 43 Nightelf Hunter - fighting my way to get 72 gold though (already have bought the riding spec for cats) on 22 so far but then I have to lose gold every now and again to pay for repairs / more arrows (which currently cost 9s per 200, a bite if your saving for the 1st mount)

If anyone is interested in hooking up, my characer name is Nizurel

Farm humanoids the same level as you, pick up herbalism/skinning or herbalism/mining, or even herbs/enchanting (gathering skills make the most money, and herbs make the most per unit of any gathering skill), and don't do crafting skills until you're fairly high up. Also, find out what instance bosses drop good armor/weapons, because it's possible you may be spending too much on them.

Thottbot helps a lot.

The next expansion is going to R.A.W.K!!

Battlegrounds is going to be pure PVP fun-ness... think counterstrike/cap the flag, but World of Warcraft stylee!

Also, after L60, they have in the pipeline something called 'Heroes'. Basically, you can become an Elite version of your class I imagine, which can't be half bad.

Seems like a very strange game though, allowing so many people to get to the L60 level cap so quickly!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back