woot woot (NBA Playoffs - Pistons Versus Lakers)

Well I still like gonaads take better sazar but then again I'm not a big sports fan. Yes the supproting cast do have a part in the big picture but when everybody talks bout shaq kobe etc its tough to see that. From what I saw the Pistons flat out played the Lakers some of which could be due the issues the Lakers have as a team and the other issues like injuries etc.

In my book the Pistions are a better team overall then again I like the Phoenix Suns and they stink

Sazar, I knew sooner or later you would disect my rant. :p

I too have been watching and sometimes going to NBA games for many many years. But the Warriors aren't what they use to be.

I got to see them win a championship in the '70s, and that was great. :D

the warriors I had hoped would make the playoffs this year... dunleavy looked like he was going places... :)

ah well... there's always next year init :D

chastity said:
Well I still like gonaads take better sazar but then again I'm not a big sports fan. Yes the supproting cast do have a part in the big picture but when everybody talks bout shaq kobe etc its tough to see that. From what I saw the Pistons flat out played the Lakers some of which could be due the issues the Lakers have as a team and the other issues like injuries etc.

In my book the Pistions are a better team overall then again I like the Phoenix Suns and they stink

wasn't trying to win a popularity contest.. I just flat-out don't agree with some of the assessments gonaads made but he has a right to make em and I have a right to digress :)

as far as the suns are concerned... they have a coupla very talented players and play with heart.. they just need a couple more pieces to round out the team and a better game plan... I want to see marion in the playoffs next season...

Sazar said:
the warriors I had hoped would make the playoffs this year... dunleavy looked like he was going places... :)

ah well... there's always next year init :D

Yeah, I know, damn. :( It looked very promising. Then... it went down hill. I still don't understand them getting rid of him though. Tuff one to figure out.

Congrats to the Pistons, and to Larry Brown a very deserving coach. Props to Detroit, nice to see a city celebrate with class. Yeah the Pistons are built for the long run , the problem is Larry? He's always been a roamer and although they have the talent would another coach put them into the smothering defense and high screen offense? anyhooo...do ya think Allen Iverson is looking at the Pistons and thinking "gee, maybe the problem was me?" :p

iverson has a lot of heart and I really respect that in him... but he's not a team player..

Dubbin1 said:
Speaking of Larry Brown. How about his wife :D

Haha, she is quite attractive and looks considerably younger than he does. ;)

Sazar said:
iverson has a lot of heart and I really respect that in him... but he's not a team player..

True to a point, but I think he's more down to earth than some of the other "super stars" of the NBA.

Now Shac is *shudder* a Laker and a "super star", but he has given and helped more poeple in need than anyone. For that I respect him. But he also has his dark side. He comes to games like he's going to a gala event. He struts around like Royalty. Iverson comes to games as he is, for all the moneyhe has, he is himself. Unfortunately he also has his dark side.

Money and power... it just changes you. :(

shaq has a huge ego... thats a knock on him...

he is almost the perfect center cept he can't hit any freethrows and thats a HUGE knock on him

but... he also immediately makes any team he is on better... no one else I can think of can claim to do the same...

he is the only player who can immediately make a team contend... I guess we can also toss in tim duncan to the mix coz he too has proven his mettle...

but shaq also has a fun side to him which sometimes is mis-construed...

anyways for next season I wanna see t-mac play b-ball w/o whingeing out scoring titles and b.s. like that... iverson didn't whinge and he took his team to the finals...

cav's should do well, nuggets not so much...

west should dominate once again overall but indiana and detroit are amongst the elite as they were this season...

next season... spurs/t-wolves and indiana/detroit are good bets for the playoffs... lakers will depend enormously on what happens and who comes back...

if kobe moves... whoever he moves to should become a playoff team if it isn't already...

good times :)

What about Sac? What do you think they can/should do to go all the way? Granted Webber again was not 100% But they were hot and cold. And that never ever can win you games. They would start games a bit slow, then heat up then cool off at the most inoppertune times. :( Frustrates the shiit outta me.

Stick Kobe with the Clippers... He would still be in an L.A. team :p

Went to the Pistons rally at the Palace today. free to the public 23,000+
fans. It was crazy they turned people away and had to close the doors. there were about 10,000 more outside! My ears are still buggin out :D

Larry brown quote "This is too much fun, I want a couple more parties like this"

Captain BIG Ben Wallace Brought the place down when he told the fans to quiet
down for a sec. there was complete slience...........then he yelled out.......

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!! :D

Totaly awesome, This city is crazy right now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back