woot woot (NBA Playoffs - Pistons Versus Lakers)

Sazar said:
...now the great saga begins... where will kobe end up :cool:

in jail? :rolleyes: Did I say that? :eek:

Or playing in Orlando :eek: or he can move down the street to the Clippers. :p

doubt he'll end up in jail... the case against him is just too flimsy... orlando can't afford him I dun think and t-mac's attitude stinks...

anyways... lemme know who the mvp is... I haven't been able to watch the game :(

100 to 87 FINAL

Start the party!

Hahahahahahahahaha... :p

And the MVP is...

#1 Chauncey Billups

w00t!!! w00t!!! :p

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

woot! woot!

se018-ben-eng-0304n-copy-2.jpg

:(

I had hoped big ben would get it...

btw guys try not to post these massive gif's... cheers :)

congrats to the pistons... bye bye to the lakers as they exist today... well played to get there but the better team won...

congrats to the pistons owner... old geezer got 3 titles in less than a year :D incredible lol...

adios to karl... great career m8... even with the cons you still were a great...

Not quick enough. You gotta look at it from outside the circle. The Lakers brought in Jackson so they could win championships by keeping the egos of Bryant and O'Neal in check. He succeeded three times. His supporting cast of Fox Fisher George and the now gone to the Spurs Horry were a average bunch at best. They always relied on the two "stars" to push them along. Then the supporting cast would have a few instances of shots that pushed them over the top. Shac and Kobe always had issues with each other. They always quashed it saying that it was not true.

Last year their true colors bled through when they got beat down by the Spurs. And the supporting cast, being soooo use to having their "stars" hold them up, could not follow through and help, so the supporting cast was just a foot note.

This year they went and got Malone and Payton. They thought that with a powerhouse squad such as this they were a lock... Guess again. But in the playoffs teams ignored them as a waste of time. They played foolishly against the Lakers and they got to the championship game. Now everyone is on the Laker bandwagon just like two years ago in 2002 when they walked all over the Nets. They think that because of the "Star Power" that they have it's a no-brainer.

Again their true colors and weaknesses bled through. They are two demensional... as in Shac 'n Kobe... Not enough. They could not keep up and will never keep up with a team that is complete. Meaning that all five play as all five. The way the Lakers played it was to get opposing teams to double up on Shac and Kobe, leaving the supporting cast open with great looks at the basket. But they did not count on a Pistons team that had no fear of them. Kinda like Buster Douglas Vs Mike Tyson... everyone was intimidated by the Lakers, not Detroit. They came out and played them with a blanketing defense that smothered the Lakers. Occasionally they doubled up on Shac and on Kobe but they mainly went one on one. Hamilton was making Bryant look foolish at times. Shac was being guarded so strongly that most of his "looks" were outside the paint. When he did penetrate he scored. He did put up decent numbers... ooooh but his freethrow shooting, a sixth grader could do better.

The Pistons pressured the Lakers and they crumbled. The supporting cast that would always have the open "looks" were also being pressured and they could not do much if anything. Payton for all his skills... and trash talk, was not very productive. And that's being kind. Malone, was let's just say window dressing in the Finals. He was good (he did show a couple of moves), he was a bit of a dirty player in his day, but now... he is broken. What's he gonna do now. He left the Jazz for what? To be humiliated? He said he would never win a championship if he stayed in Utah. Well he ain't gonna win one in LA. What a waste.

If the Lakers had a better supporting cast and not the "star studded" egos that they had this year I would have really really worried. Hell I might have even liked them... :rolleyes: Check that... NOT.

To me the Lakers are like anchovies, ya either luv 'em or ya hate 'em. There is no middle ground.

Well this is my rant for the NBA Finals.

I'll start off by saying I am a huge fan of the NBA and have been following it since I was a 7yr old :)

gonaads said:
Not quick enough. You gotta look at it from outside the circle. The Lakers brought in Jackson so they could win championships by keeping the egos of Bryant and O'Neal in check. He succeeded three times. His supporting cast of Fox Fisher George and the now gone to the Spurs Horry were a average bunch at best. They always relied on the two "stars" to push them along. Then the supporting cast would have a few instances of shots that pushed them over the top. Shac and Kobe always had issues with each other. They always quashed it saying that it was not true.

there are ego's on EVERY team if the personnel are such... phil was brought in not so much to MANAGE the team.. in del harris and kurt rambis the lakers had pretty talented coaches... what shaq and kobe needed was a dose of reality... phil's rings to show them that they didn't mean squat and that they needed to work harder...

shaq and kobe's issues have always been blown out of proportion imo... much like iverson's feuds with his coach and so on/so forth.. undoubtedly there is friction but both these guys know how to play and shaq has been nothing but a winner no matter where he has gone in the NBA and has the credentials to back it up... what he lacked was championship pedigree which the arrival of phil and the three titles brought to him...

Last year their true colors bled through when they got beat down by the Spurs. And the supporting cast, being soooo use to having their "stars" hold them up, could not follow through and help, so the supporting cast was just a foot note.

last season the supporting cast did not produce... look @ rick fox and robert horry's numbers... compare horry's hustle and play this season with the spurs to last season with the lakers...

the supporting cast is an important element in EVERY team... there is no way jordan could have won his titles without the supporting cast... there is no way the pistons could have won w/o a supporting cast (for the record I am a huge fan of corliss williamson and have followed his career since he came outta arkansas :) kudos to him)

This year they went and got Malone and Payton. They thought that with a powerhouse squad such as this they were a lock... Guess again. But in the playoffs teams ignored them as a waste of time. They played foolishly against the Lakers and they got to the championship game. Now everyone is on the Laker bandwagon just like two years ago in 2002 when they walked all over the Nets. They think that because of the "Star Power" that they have it's a no-brainer.

the lakers lacked another point-guard and a decent power-forward... why not go out and get 2 of the better players? heck look @ dallas and the kings if you want "star power".. both those teams are loaded...

karl has played brilliantly given his age and his injury during the season... payton has been the biggest bust I have seen in the nba save for olowokandi... the media was a little too ga-ga for the lakers with payton and malone but not only were these two parts a bit iffy... shaq was not as atheletic or dominant as last season (he isn't getting younger) and rick fox/horace grant and derrick fisher have all been plagued by injuries... throw devean george into the mix as well...

Again their true colors and weaknesses bled through. They are two demensional... as in Shac 'n Kobe... Not enough. They could not keep up and will never keep up with a team that is complete. Meaning that all five play as all five. The way the Lakers played it was to get opposing teams to double up on Shac and Kobe, leaving the supporting cast open with great looks at the basket. But they did not count on a Pistons team that had no fear of them. Kinda like Buster Douglas Vs Mike Tyson... everyone was intimidated by the Lakers, not Detroit. They came out and played them with a blanketing defense that smothered the Lakers. Occasionally they doubled up on Shac and on Kobe but they mainly went one on one. Hamilton was making Bryant look foolish at times. Shac was being guarded so strongly that most of his "looks" were outside the paint. When he did penetrate he scored. He did put up decent numbers... ooooh but his freethrow shooting, a sixth grader could do better.

the lakers played the way they are designed to play... why do you think the nets lost against the pistons? they can only play the way the team is setup to... some teams happen to match up better against someone else might... ie I think the spurs woulda done a better job v/s the pistons because they had a more atheletic team overall and were decent defensively v/s jump shooters plus rasho and duncan were both clogging up the middle (yes I did say rasho :D )

the pistons had a good game plan v/s the lakers... they knew what they had to do and stuck to it... hamilton making kobe look foolish is a harsh statement.. hamilton does not create off his own dribble... he is a good player undoubtedly and he can run a defense ragged or break things down on the perimeter by causing mis-matches... which is what he did... but he is a lot like reggie miller in his use of screens... he basically did what tony parker did but took it to another level and his team mates were better overall shooters/rebounders than the spurs were...

The Pistons pressured the Lakers and they crumbled. The supporting cast that would always have the open "looks" were also being pressured and they could not do much if anything. Payton for all his skills... and trash talk, was not very productive. And that's being kind. Malone, was let's just say window dressing in the Finals. He was good (he did show a couple of moves), he was a bit of a dirty player in his day, but now... he is broken. What's he gonna do now. He left the Jazz for what? To be humiliated? He said he would never win a championship if he stayed in Utah. Well he ain't gonna win one in LA. What a waste.

payton stank... but had malone been fit like he was for the spurs series and most of the t'wolves series the finals would have had a slightly different tempo and perhaps different play... he was just unable to produce... payton was not a surprise because his whole season was a big stink-fest...

it annoys me how some people are not given credit... he left the jazz to pursue his dream... he is not obligated to anyone... charles was not obligated to anyone either and while neither has won a title it means jackall... look @ their overall legacies and contributions to the league...

admittedly I would have liked for him to finish up in utah but I can't fault him for making the sacrifices he did to move to a place he felt gave him a chance to achieve a dream... it remains un-fulfilled but he tried... even on a torn MCL he tried... thats the kinda person karl malone is and it just seems petty knocking on a guy for something like this...

If the Lakers had a better supporting cast and not the "star studded" egos that they had this year I would have really really worried. Hell I might have even liked them... :rolleyes: Check that... NOT.

To me the Lakers are like anchovies, ya either luv 'em or ya hate 'em. There is no middle ground.

Well this is my rant for the NBA Finals.

the lakers are over-hyped and unfortunately due to the amount of press and overall coverage they get the team is hated a fair deal... a lot like the yankees... and yet much like the yankees they continue to win through it all...

as is I don't think it was the ego's that did them in... they were done in by the play of richard/chauncey and ben and the coaching of brown... they were done in by their failure to gel together and conform to the plays of phil and they were done in by injuries...

the only reason I bothered to respond was that while its fine to hate someone/some team... its un-necessary to pooh-pooh that teams achievments... how many thought the lakers would make the finals? I sure as hell didn't... I had the pistons v/s spurs all the way

the very fact they made it and were looked upon as favs even with the injuries and the superior defense of the pistons is a fault of the media as much as it is the lakers themselves...

the pistons fully deserved to be crowned champs and I look forward to seeing them play next season... they are a well put-together team and I love seeing 'Sheed playing to his potential instead of being targeted by the refs... I love to see Ben flippin the bird to all the people who didn't utilise his talents properly... I am thrilled to see people like Williamson come through after being shunted round the league like they have been and make a difference... see chauncey play w/o injuries and see larry brown win a title @ last...

congrats to the pistons and well-played lakers...

I'm Ted Kopple and this is nightline. Tonight we talk about the Beasty Pistons beating Bryant's Rape Gang...well this concludes tonight show I'm Ted Kopple and you have been watching Nightline. The Bryant thing prob is goin to go good around here so if u want me to change it i will :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back