Woo, new car! and all things good!

Ford, GM and Dailmer Chrysler are practically giving their new cars away. Employee discounts, cash allowances, Dell computers....

I was reading an article somewhere... saying that it really doesnt matter how good the deal is, it matters how good the car is!

Which is why i just picked up an 05 honda civic si. :)
I'm still on my very first tank of gas... and Im at 500 km with about a quarter tank left.

Congrats on the new ride... and yes, american cars are bull$hit

Happy b'day, enjoy the new car and g.luck on the interview.

jimi_81 said:

Unlike canadian works of art?

:cool:

American cars leave a lot to be desired but there are some excellent ones around

Is their a "canadian car" company? or are they just subsidiaries of American companies? I'd only buy japanese at this stage of my life. fuel economy, style and quality for a fair price...thats whats important

anyway, perhaps i've opened up a debate, which goes away from what this thread is all about. my apologies.

best of luck with the interview and the new ride.
:)

Sazar said:
Unlike canadian works of art?

:cool:

American cars leave a lot to be desired but there are some excellent ones around

Like Chevy trucks? :)

jimi_81 said:
Ford, GM and Dailmer Chrysler are practically giving their new cars away. Employee discounts, cash allowances, Dell computers....

I was reading an article somewhere... saying that it really doesnt matter how good the deal is, it matters how good the car is!

Which is why i just picked up an 05 honda civic si. :)
I'm still on my very first tank of gas... and Im at 500 km with about a quarter tank left.

Hmmmm... Consumer Reports for the 2005 model year cars shiit caned Mercedes Benz C class CLK E class and the S class in reliability.

They also shiited on BMW 5 series and 7 series for reliability plus below average on satisfaction for the 7 series.

Now the Chevrolet Impala is a "recommended" choice by Consumer Perports with reliability above average.

Also the Chevrolet Monte Carlo has above average reliability and satisfaction.

The Chevrolet Tahoe is a "recommended" choice also.

The Chrysler PT Cruiser has above average reliability marks.

And the Chrysler Pacifica is a "recommended" choice.

Plus a few other "American" cars.

well, I got the job. Just recieved a phonecall about 30 minutes ago and I start on Tuesday. :p

I also went to get the provisional forms from the post office to apply for my licence and from my 3rd weeks pay I will be sitting my CBT :D which is basically the first step in getting a nice class-A bike license, meaning that I will then legally be able to run on the roads on a crotch rocket :)

lurverly :D

edit Also forgot to mention that I got a quote for insuring me to "Provisionally" drive the previously mentioned car, and its a whole £1200 extra, yes thats on top of the £430 we are paying at the moment! :eek:

Go nix!!! Insurance sucks the big one here too. I pay around $140 a month. :( But it was up to almost $200 when I first started driving. Anyway, congrats man.

Nice one! Very tidy, good price.
As for insurance - it's not that bad. My 2 litre Merc, at 18 with one years no claims, costs me £950 a year.

god cars in the uk are tiny.

My element is a 2.4 litre car

well, life being a cold caller is freaking tiring :s

Have to say though, there are some really really strange english accents. Very hard to understand :/

nix said:
well, life being a cold caller is freaking tiring :s

Have to say though, there are some really really strange english accents. Very hard to understand :/

You will find your groove.

Almost like north and south here in the US. Louisiana to Maine.

gonaads said:
The Chrysler PT Cruiser has above average reliability marks.
Is it just me or does the PT cruiser look a bit like a herse from the back?? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back