Woo, new car! and all things good!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by sean.ferguson, Aug 10, 2005.

1. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Just got ourselves a loverly new car yesterday, and i think it might be about time i actually got my finger out to get lessons too. Managed to get this for only £800 which for any of you from the UK will realise that that is quite good and its french! :eek:

Only thing is the insurance, its a 1.6i which would mean at 20 years old (today might i add :p ) will probably be the death of me.

But something else which happened today, i got a job interview for tommorrow at 15:45 which i am told is a good place to work and im also very close to being accepted!

woo! what a way to start your twenties :D

lancer likes this.
  2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Very nice. Hope the interview goes well, and you get the position. Keep us informed :)

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Congrats Sean! Good luck with the job interview. :)

4. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Congrats mate, I wouldn't have thought a 1.6 would be too bad to insure. Good luck with the interview. :)

5. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

how the **** did you get that for 800, do you mean per month, surely not the overall price.?

6. rushm001

Think the book price is about £1k, so he must have got a good deal! (I think R registration is 1997/98, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

7. lancer

but the car looks immaculate, thats amazingly cheap, in the USA $800 would get you a 1985 buick bomb, that bulches smoke and rust in equal measure.

8. sean.ferguson

nope, £800 Great Brittish Pounds cash straight into the dealers hands :p Waht i will say is this. It has 94k on the clock (which isnt too bad), it isn't the cleanest model on the road (scratches, couple of dings, but generally its just from use), only one lady owner from new and it is MOT'd until June 27th 2006 and I have the full documents in my posession.

It was a small garage/mot testing center that i got it from, it was up for £895 but managed to get £95 for my old "K" Rover 214SLi with 4 newish tyres (only around 1000 miles on them) and a half tank of petrol. He aslo said it was so cheap simply because it was high-milage (in his mind at least, but i have had worse (189k)) and the fact it wasnt the tidiest model. Saying that though looking at the Parkers used car guide, that price is between the Private Good and the Private Poor criteria, which in my mind it is closer to the good. Engine is as sweet as a nut too :)

9. lancer

nix i hate you, i pay $1000 a month for my two cars. god i remember the days of second hand cars, where montly payments weren't involved. :)

10. sean.ferguson

:p i went from a K plate Rover 214 that had less power than a 1.0 punto, it had a shot exhaust manifold and burnt oil quicker than i piss after a night out! to an R plate french-mobile which is damn comfortable and doesnt need anything but tax! It feels good :D

11. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Congrats dude. You don't renaults here in the states anymore ..

12. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Not totally

A bud of mine has a brother who is a car dealer sorta and he gets to go to the auctions and buys vehicles for dirt cheap and then sells them for way more lol.

My bud had his brother get him a 99 jeep cherokee with 100700 miles for $1000. No rust or anything on it. My best bud's brother needed a lil 4 cylinder truck and the dude found him a 98 ford ranger with 47000 miles for 1500 that has no rust or anything.

If I would of known I would of had the dude get me something but now its to late and i have spent $1500 on repairs for a $2000 blazer :\. It looks nice as hell but man I wont get into it lol.

So if any of you know someone thats goes to those auctions I would really try and see if they can get you something.

Anyway...nice car :). Not my type but cars over there are weird :dead:

13. sean.ferguson

its the french, honest! :p

14. rushm001

Could say that about the cars over your side of the pond! :p

15. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Yeah blame it all on the french :p

Rush...are cars rule! lol

16. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

One thing about French cars is it better come with towing service. :p

(j/k)
    Nice car though nix. And happy birthday. :D

17. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

The Spelling Bee Champion. :p

18. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You can gt a kia or haundai here for between seven and eight thoughsand ..

19. lancer

Gonaads how can you say that with a straight face, American cars are Americas inside joke to the world "yeah we are rich, because we sell **** to fools that think its gold, and they still keep coming back for more"

20. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Congratulations man! And good luck with the interview as well. :)