WMP11 Beta For XP Released

Re: WMP11 For XP Release Announced

goeshere said:
Regarding merging albums quickly... heres my how to: (yes its not quite as nice as drag and drop though!)

Select all the files you wish to merge (use shift and or ctrl to select multiple files).

Open the advanced tag editor with them all selected, choose a file which has all the bits filled in you want... (right click then select it). Now tick all the boxes apart from things which are song specific (such as track name and no), once you apply this all the files will now have the same stuff filled in (while you are doing this you can fill in more fields if you wish)... they should also then merge.

Hope this helps Electronic Punk!

PM or email me if you have any problems.

Will try it out, thanks for the help

Nice catch Kunal.

I slapped it on the frontpage and gave you some dap.

kcnychief said:
Nice catch Kunal.

I slapped it on the frontpage and gave you some dap.
I caught it as the clock struct twelve, Pacific Time. ;)
Thanks for putting it on the frontpage.

NetRyder said:
I caught it as the clock struct twelve, Pacific Time. ;)
Thanks for putting it on the frontpage.
If that's the case, you were 23 minutes late posting it :smoker:

ooh nice guys, what build is it?
I heard it was gonna be newer than the leak.

kcnychief said:
If that's the case, you were 23 minutes late posting it :smoker:
I was typing out a blog post about it. ;)

Electronic Punk said:
ooh nice guys, what build is it?
I heard it was gonna be newer than the leak.
Haven't installed it yet. I'm still in Vista. :D

The XP version seems superior in some ways, but it could be that I have synced from my xp wmp and not my vista wmp -- the sync tab shows album art for my mtp device, vista does not.

Electronic Punk said:
The XP version seems superior in some ways, but it could be that I have synced from my xp wmp and not my vista wmp -- the sync tab shows album art for my mtp device, vista does not.
Interesting. I'll install it on my laptop tomorrow and check it out.

I have also started asking Creative about missing mtp functions and will see if anything comes of it.

just installed it on XP at work :)

Looks nice, but of course have been spoiled by Vista one anyway :)

You know, I was a massive fan of WMP for years, since version 8 I think. I loved it, despite most people telling me how winamp (which I did originally use way back) was better etc, and then how itunes was better etc.

So then a few months ago I decided to replace my crappy creative zen player with a brand spanking new 60GB ipod, which obviously came with itunes. I thought, well why not give itunes a shot? I completely wiped my mp3 collection, and re-ripped everything at 128kbps AAC, and added the correct album art to every album and rated every song.

And now there's an awesome new version of WMP!!!!!!!!!! Oh the dilemma!

WMP11 appears to be rock solid. Although the download is rather large compared to previous versions (this shouldn't be a problem for most of us). The installation process also took sometime on my box (once again, not an issue for me). I would choose Custom setup at the end or it appears WMP will start the setup for URGE as well (I choose "not at this time").

WMP11 follows the layout and buttons as other Microsoft applications do (IE7, Windows Defender, etc.). Big blue buttons, no menu bar, back/forward buttons. The new library is much better than previous versions.

To access the menu bar simply press ALT with WMP being the active application.

I felt all warm and fuzzy downloading it last night :D

Then I forgot to install it coz of the games that were on :(

I have always had problems with WMP, crashing, slow, etc etc. I don't even know if I want to try the new version, but I might download it when I get home.

I love it, I just love the new look that Microsoft are going with their apps too :)

I'm with you Sean. Looks great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back