WMP11 Beta For XP Released

madmatt said:
I'm with you Sean. Looks great.

Without starting another OS war, they are finally following the steps of linux and Apple. They are unifying there applications, making the overall experience a better one. Look at Office '07, it too is following the similar aesthetics to WMP and IE7.

It is beginning to feel warm :p

Exciting times indeed. Even Windows Mobile has a very familar look and feel.

Thread Stuck

Made the thread a sticky for now to spur discussion and useage :)

Looks frigging great!! Doesn't support AACs tho!! Anyone know how to make it support them?

Ok, they play great, but WMP11 doesn't seem to recognise much of the extra tag information or artwork. Any clues about that?

I do think WMP11 is pretty cool so far tho :)

Well, so far I don't like the GUI......I like the old style, where the Artist are on the left side and the songs are on the right side...I also hate the album cover thing. I guess i'll play around with it for a while

Uggg...how do i unistall this????? I tried putting 10 bacl on and it wotn let me...any ideas???

WMP11 shows up as an installed update in Add/Remove Programs.

Make sure the checkbox to show updates is checked.

It will show up as Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 Runtime

Currently Installing.

Download took 30 seonds.

I still don't understand this crap.

If EP could ask MS why there is a link to buy a record that I already own.......:dead:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 102
Steevo said:
I still don't understand this crap.

If EP could ask MS why there is a link to buy a record that I already own.......:dead:
I would assume the link is there near each album art - it's just hotlinked with a referral to earn some cash off of you :cool:

i like the way you can change the colour of the window.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back