wireless lan causes vista bluescreen

three days and no blue screen yet, this feels like it's gonna do the trick but there were times I went for a couple of weeks without getting one

will repoty back in a week or two of if I get the blue screen again

*wishes self luck*

dare you install Vista SP1 when it comes out ;) - might say the drive you have is prolematic and wont let you install it anyway :p

dare you install Vista SP1 when it comes out ;) - might say the drive you have is prolematic and wont let you install it anyway :p
well, as always I'm gonna wait a month or so before I allow it on my box

nope, new driver didn't help, I have a new dump file

Attachments

• new minidump.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 91
second blue screen tonight

Attachments

• mini aGAIN.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 86
Both dumps point to the broadcom driver.

Time to try the XP one just for kicks?

well, I am using the new driver right now, feels exactly the same as the old driver

will now give this one a few weeks or a blue screen before I report back on this thread

well, I am using the new driver right now, feels exactly the same as the old driver

will now give this one a few weeks or a blue screen before I report back on this thread
edit

even though I installed this driver the os is still looking at the vista driver not this one

I tried uninstalling the vista driver first but it insists on re installing the driver before I get a chance to install this one

when browsing for browsers the os refuses to acknowledge this is even a driver and will not install it

look in c:\windows\inf
for oemxx.inf (xx being a number) open each one and it should tell you at the top what its for, find the broadcom one and delete it, then try to install the other driver

Last edited by a moderator:
for oemxx.inf (xx being a number) open each one and it should tell you at the top what its for, find the broadcom one and delete it, then try to install the other driver
I deleted all versions of the original driver and the os refuses to let me direct where to get this xp driver, even when I tell it which file to get, it simply says the driver is up to date, it get's it's own from I guess protected storage

this driver version is 4.102.15.61

is that an xp driver or vista?

hehe...I almost edited your post thinking it was mine

anyway, I did a search and this is indeed the xp driver, though it's also suupposed to work on vista, but this is what they have for xp since 2006

gonna now wait and see if I blue screen

thanx for the help carpo

hehe...I almost edited your post thinking it was mine

anyway, I did a search and this is indeed the xp driver, though it's also suupposed to work on vista, but this is what they have for xp since 2006

gonna now wait and see if I blue screen

thanx for the help carpo
nope, this driver causes total freeze, no blue screen, going back to the latest driver

did you buy this pc/laptop with vista pre installed ?

and its under 12 months old ? if so they are under contract to replace the faulty goods no matter how many times this happens, also i would put it to them that maybe its a design fault

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back