wireless lan causes vista bluescreen

Re: got my box back

Oops, you uploaded the same file.

Both have 1/26/2008 5:32 AM

Have edited results above
damn it, when I copied the file it seems to have deleted it as well and then I cleaned up my desktop

gotta wait for another crash

do you have a wired port on that laptop? i would suggest if you do connection it directly to the modem or what ever to see if you still have the crash

do you have a wired port on that laptop? i would suggest if you do connection it directly to the modem or what ever to see if you still have the crash
it seems I only get the blue screen at home, I will probably change wireless routers but I really want them to write a driver that corrects the problem

what if I am at a hot spot in a hotel or coffee shop and they have a router that does the same thing?

this wireless card needs to be corrected, not the router

i think sometimes it is the driver by the laptop manufacturer that is the issue - that is why i was trying to see what you had in the laptop, i had an Intel card that was iffy under HP driver yet when i went to Intel.com and got their driver all was fine.

I suppose it just saying broadcom chip is a bit vague as many cards have that chip :/

i think sometimes it is the driver by the laptop manufacturer that is the issue - that is why i was trying to see what you had in the laptop, i had an Intel card that was iffy under HP driver yet when i went to Intel.com and got their driver all was fine.

I suppose it just saying broadcom chip is a bit vague as many cards have that chip :/
I don't know which one is in the box carpo, will try to find out

do you have the hp model number? if so could you post it so i can sniff out specs, im bored and need something to keep me going on a sunday :) - all i see from the driver is that is a V6 broadcom

this is too funny, I am on chat with hp now and they insist;

it's a broadcom wireless lan

I had to press her for more info and this is what she came up with

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g mini PCI adapter card (Broadcom, Hoya) - 54Mbps d ata rate, 2.4GHz operating frequency range (Most-of-world)

"

well, here's the good news, I let windows try to find a better driver and it found a newer one to install then hp gave me, I have installed that

also there are some cool network options I didn't know about and I would like to know how everyone sets their card with these "advanced options"

check the screen shot for all the options, I had to load two pictures to get all the options available

Attachments

• network card options.JPG
    network card options.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 127
  • network card options continued.JPG
    network card options continued.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 122

well if it didnt find a driver on the disc or hdd it prob went to windows update - lets hope it solves your problem :)

I have a wired port carpo, and I can always use my sprint phone to connect, it's actually faster then the dsl here at 900 kps but I want to get this resolved also, hp has to write a new driver or have broadcom write a new driver for this unit or they have to replace the wireless lan, I can't know what router differant hotspots use and i don't want to worry about blue screens when I'm at a hot spot

Have been researching this problem a bit and one way a person fixed it was to install the XP driver for the broadcom on Vista. I find that to be an unacceptable way to permanently fix this but you may want to try it to see if it fixes yours. If it does then you can tell HP they need to make a better driver for Vista as the XP one works fine.

One thread that mentions this problem is here and the fix is listed in the third post.

reason i said tried wired with that router is that if it doenst crash when using that then you would know its either the router or the wireless card, and seeing as you said (or think you did) you have tested it with another router, that it nails it to a hardware issue, you should check HP and vista forums to see if anyone else is having same issues

reason i said tried wired with that router is that if it doenst crash when using that then you would know its either the router or the wireless card, and seeing as you said (or think you did) you have tested it with another router, that it nails it to a hardware issue, you should check HP and vista forums to see if anyone else is having same issues
I see where you are going, that it might be something else in the house, you might be right but since I found out it might be the card I'v been doing some experiments and it hasn't crashed when I turn the wireless reciever off so far and it doesn't crash on any other hot spot.

I can't really hardwire the router, my dad uses a desktop down there and there is no room

this is another reason I don't want to switch routers yet, I don't want to have to call verizon to get the passwords and everything since I forgot what they are

although I can find the passwords on the hardrive and I think I'm gonna do that if this new driver doesn't resolve the issue

will find out in less then a week I am sure

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, I'll have a look at the dumps later this week as I installed the tools on another PC that I don't use atm. I don't think I'd find anything new, but would be good to see what you guys see.

Somewhat OT - when is DSL going to switch to DHCP completely? You could then avoid your issue of having to call your ISP! Some companies are, newer accounts are more and more common to be DHCP

Still seems strange to me that the XP driver would fix this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back