Windows Vista Beta 2 Public Download Now Available

I've just recieved the email from MS, and it gives the links to all the versions, so I think you're right. They probably assume that most people want the 32-bit version which is why that's the version they offer immediately.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can't firggin wait!

dam busy servers, started download @ like midnight last night right after links became live, woke up this morning to find downlod incomplete + servers all 2 busy :(

Re: Longhorn - new details emerge!

is vista and longhorn the same..im lost?

Just tried it again and got a server down error due to too much traffic. Go figure, eh? Gonna keep grinding away...free's free, especially from m$

The WINSAT scale is 1-5 (1 being the worst; 5 being the best). Microsoft has plans to increase the scale but that won't go into affect until after RTM (from what I've read) via a hotfix.

Public release?!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

All you need is login live id, not sure if you need to have pre registered for the vista experience.. probably though i have and it is working, only problem is to much traffic at the moment so we are unable to download it :(

edit - missed this on the front page yesterday :p

p.s heny your link doesn't work ;)

Last edited:
Threads merged

I'm a little surprised it is still 5384.4. The CTP has been so buggy, you'd assume MS would have tweaked it a bit, even to 538.5 if possible, before laying it on the public.

i guess they want the bugs highlighted in large quantities..

Anyone know if the x64 version will fit onto a single layer DVD?

Any chance of an equivalent link to the x64 version? I can't get the ms pages to work, still too busy :s

This is what broadband was made for. Anyone else remember trying to download a windows beta on 56k? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back