Windows Vista Beta 2 Public Download Now Available

anyone else notice that vista is using about 520mb of memory just for the o/s.

also is a score of 3 any good.

Microsoft has defended its decision to cut back on the amount of users who can download the beta version of Windows Vista. The software giant claimed that the pre-release versions of Vista are not appropriate for use by a broad, non-technical audience. "As such, we want to limit the availability of the code to a technical audience, while also keeping the program manageable from a logistical standpoint," said Microsoft spokesman Richard Saunders.

According to an official Microsoft blog post, the Windows Vista beta was originally restricted because of fears that the huge downloads could cripple the internet. However, the company now claims that the cap on the number of downloads is designed to help it manage the beta test. "Our goal, especially at this point in the development process, is to make the feedback process as efficient as possible, and we are confident that we will get a high level of quality feedback regardless of the cap," said Saunders.

That's what I'm saying.

Couple of questions. I've got both versions downloaded now. I burn the iso onto the dvd for both. I can't get the compy to boot off the disc, and yes bios is rigged to do so. I try windows installing and get the lovely Error Code [80070241] which if I understand correctly is a bad image hash. Then if I mount one of the iso's to Daemon I get it to start up but gives me a d347prt scsi controller issue which from what I've found is Daemon tools popping up. BTW x64 won't even begin to work for me no matter what I do, I don't even get the install screen as an option. When I go to x64's on disc/iso setup.exe, I get E:/setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application. In the mean time I've uninstalled AVG and Daemon and continue getting Error Code [80070241]. Any Ideas or Suggestions?

*edit* After formatting and trying things that way, I've reinstalled xp64 for now. Trying to re-dl both copies of vista (x86 & x64)

Do you have Alcohol120 installed. I received a message saying I needed to uninstall because of compatability issues.

Attachments

• compatability1.jpg
    compatability1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 152
  • compatability3.jpg
    compatability3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have Alcohol120 installed. I received a message saying I needed to uninstall because of compatability issues.

There are other alternatives, VirtualCloneDrive and MagicISO (might be MagicDrive) which can do virtual cd-rom drives. I would recommend those over Alcohol 120% right now for the Vista beta's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back