Windows Live Messenger Invitations Thread

I would like an invite if anyone wants to give one away .. Thanx :)

Same here. So they finally add a way to rename your contacts. :)

Taken from: http://spaces.msn.com/members/MessengerSays/Blog/cns!1pa8Iikfy0xU3xf4W911Jq4Q!1607.entry
! Nicknames—It’s your freakin’ buddy list – you should pick the names on it.

If you call him “honey-baby” and her “Grandma”, that’s how they should show up. Whatever YOU enter as a contact’s nickname is exactly how s/he’ll show up in your list. Stop guessing at obscure friendly names, or trying to distinguish between five Michaels and Marias. You don’t have to thank us for this one, we should apologize it took so long.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Again I don't think being able to give nicknames to people on your contact list is such a big deal. In 7.5, most people used the "Personal Message", and had their actual name where the name is supposed to go.

With 8 it seems as though they removed the personal message feature...I liked it to be honest. I hope they bring it back. So being able to pick nicknames in 8 makes sense because of that.

Huh? WLM8 still has the personal message feature.
I would definitely not be happy if that was removed. :D

Sorry my brain is a bit fried today. I meant that I don't like the layout of how they present it now. Instead of being shown beneath the person's name it continues right after the name.

That makes it kind of pointless as the main benefit was that it seperated people's names from whatever else they wanted to share.

the layout is nasty.
the funny thing is... back when msn messenger first came out, i liked it because it was so much easier to use then icq. but now, with every new version, it gets more and more bloated.

the best feature is the nickname editor. I am so sick and tired of people using msn nicknames as a conversation piece. the one feature i would absolutely love would have to be an ignore feature. not a block feature. It would be nice to not be notified if certain contacts come online.. and it would be nice to hide them from your online contacts. Blocking is too harsh. people msngeek.com it, and find out whos blocking who.. and that makes for a mess. the personal message feature isnt server side.. neither should the ignore feature.

if u want to change the names just get MsnPlus, works great. I'd still like to check this out, anybody got one?

Thats me got Beta
Once I get issued invites I will share with you osnn ho3's :D

American Zombie said:
I tested it and it works.

Better way is just to sign up here.

I went here, it doesn't give me the option to join the beta. It does have a couple of other things though ..

Bman™ said:
if u want to change the names just get MsnPlus, works great. I'd still like to check this out, anybody got one?

i thought msnplus had spyware..
please advise.
thanks

jimi_81 said:
i thought msnplus had spyware..
please advise.
thanks

When you install it, it asks you if you want to install it with the ads or without them. Most people don't read and just keep on pressing next, which installs the spyware as by default the option "Yes, install with supporting ads" is selected.

All you have to do is click on "No Ads" and continue installing.

It's one of my favorite apps. Check it out. :)

vicfast.gif

gimme teh invite!!!11

American Zombie said:
The one I found on torrent contains a proxy patch and it makes you appear as a registered beta tester.

Thanks Zombie. My invites disappeared quick. Now I give them the powa....

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back