Windows Live Messenger Invitations Thread

I'm having problems with the invite. sean.ferguson sent me an invite, and in the email where it says Download Now, that is soppose to be the link right? I can't click on it.
I don't get it?

thanks alot man, was starting to get sad that I couldn't get it.

Must have been something to do with your email client, and no problem ;)

2 left!

Ok, now another problem. The link you sent. I downloaded, installed, and I go to logon and it says I don't have access to the beta. I have the email invite...

Whats going on?

Bman™ said:
Ok, now another problem. The link you sent. I downloaded, installed, and I go to logon and it says I don't have access to the beta. I have the email invite...

Whats going on?

Seems like it didn't add your email to the whitelist. :ermm:

I think when you click the download link in your email it is supposed to validate your email at the same time, because it takes you to website where you get another download link. Since your link didn't work, you weren't validated and added to the whitelist.

Try using outlook (using pop3) to download the email to your machine and then try clicking the link from that.

Last edited:
Should I wait awhile until I start complaning or what?

Re-read my post, I just added some stuff that might help you.

I went to that link, I can sign in there.

Also, I don't use Outlook, it's alot of work to set it up just to get msn working.

Bman™ said:
I went to that link, I can sign in there.
Ok, when you sign in, do you see a message on the top of the page that says:

"You're a member of following invitation only beta(s):
* Windows Live Messenger beta"

If you don't see that, it means your Passport account hasn't been validated for the beta yet.

Thanks grandmaster.. how do you get invites?

jimi_81 said:
Everyone enrolled in the beta program automatically receives a certain number of invites on a periodic basis.

How do I know I have an invite. Will I get a email or will it be on something else ?? This live looks like it is going to be good .. :)

jimi_81 said:

They decide to give them to you, whenever they feel like. You should get a message in Messenger one day along the lines of "You have beta invites to give out to friends".

It took around 2-3 weeks for me to get mine.

NetRyder said:
Ok, when you sign in, do you see a message on the top of the page that says:

"You're a member of following invitation only beta(s):
* Windows Live Messenger beta"

If you don't see that, it means your Passport account hasn't been validated for the beta yet.
As a follow-up to that, if you aren't enrolled in the beta, here's something you can try.

Open up the invitation message in Gmail again and click the "More options" link next to the first line, then select the "Show original" option. This should show you the raw HTML code of the email. You'll see the URL that the download button is supposed to take you to somewhere in there. Just copy that and paste it in a new browser window/tab, and it should work. :)

I don't see that at the top when I log in. Netryder I'm going to try that now. I'll get back to ya.

Thanx for the info about the invites .. That answered my question :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back