Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you download the new refresh right from Microsoft? Did you search Google for the error message you are receiving?

i havent downloaded one yet, i searched google for the dll and that website on the post above has one..ill try the ms website

No expiration date on the beta. Good beyond RTM if you prefer.

FBD, try downloading the DLL and registering it. regsvr32 /?

madmatt said:
FBD, try downloading the DLL and registering it. regsvr32 /?

what do you mean by "registering" it..sorry if im making you scream at the other end...

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\msfeeds.dll"

but i get an error

it says it cannot be found

Last edited:
The popup blocker in this thing needs some more work done to it.

FBD, download it first. Then register it.

Johnny, the popup blocker in IE7 in far superior to the one in IE6. You can also change the level of filtering (like IE6) if you are not happy with the 'medium' setting.

Myspace's html coding looks a little messed up with ie7 and some other custom jobbies are also a little screwed up.

Still liking the bugger though :cool:

Had to uninstall it recently b/c EA's Downloader thingy can't use IE7.
Used it to D/L Euro Force booster (10 bones) - will have to reinstall it now that it's downloaded and installed... don't need the functionality of it anymore ... for time being that is.

Overall I think it's great, especially CTRL+J.

madmatt said:
FBD, download it first. Then register it.

I DL the file, put it in system32 folder and went to run and typed

regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\msfeeds.dll"

and i get this?? i dont understand...i even tried this program Emsa DLL Register Tool and it didnt work...

Last edited:
FBD, I'm clueless then. Try the newsgroups?

I uninstalled it. It wasn't working right on most secure sites, and the stupid activate this crap with the flash and embedded media files was a major annoyance.

Good, I'm glad you uninstalled it. I'd hate to see you happy for a change.

What exactly about using an insecure browser would make anyone happy?

Looks like 5335.5 is officially the "layout-complete" IE7 build.

I was also happy to announce that we are now layout complete with the release of the MIX build – we don’t plan to add more layout features or drastically change layout behavior. This gives web developers a chance to test and prepare your pages for Vista Beta2 and the final release of IE7. There are still bugs and missing features (display tables, generated content to name a few) we would have liked to do for IE7 but based on your requests to have some lead time to test your pages we need to lock it down now to be able to ship IE7. The good news is that we are in the progress of building up a public bug database where you can submit your issues, track their progress and see when we internally fix an issue – Al is going to post about this soon. Your participation will help us greatly to improve IE and also help us to prioritize what bugs to fix for the next releases.
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/03/23/559409.aspx

NetRyder said:
Looks like 5335.5 is officially the "layout-complete" IE7 build.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/03/23/559409.aspx

That's great news, now I think I will put this on my production machine and really beat it up. I'm working on some new websites for clients and that will give me some cross-browser ability for future testing :)

madmatt said:
Good, I'm glad you uninstalled it. I'd hate to see you happy for a change.

:D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back