Where to find ntoskrnl.exe?

A

Aileron

Hey there. I have my current copy of Xp Pro running and I'm waiting for my new copy to arrive and in the mean time I want to install Sp1. Well I changed the boot screen and the login screen. Does anybody know where I can find ntoskrnl.exe and the original logonui?

Any help is grealty appreciated:)

Thanx,
Eric

or if you installed the service pack it will be in the C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

Run this to restore the logonui screen.

Can someone please have a look for their ntoskrnl.exe file (if it is the original for HOME) & let us know how big it is. Thanks.

Thanx for the quick reply. I checked there and they are not there. I replaced them and I need to know where i can download the original Xp Pro logonui and the original ntoskrnl.exe.

Thanx again:)

Eric

do you want the file size??
or what are you asking?

Thanx hipster for the reply. I'll check that out when I get home. You beat me too the posting, I was responding to chad's reply.

Eric

You guys are too fast for me. Chad are u talking to me or Hipster.
If you're talking to me, I need to d/l the original logonui and ntoskrnl.exe from somewhere for Xp Pro. Thanx again for all your guy's help.:)

Eric

I'm just after the file size. If it is small enough could you zip it up & post it here?

On my mom's copy of Xp Home it's 1.78mb's. I'd upload it for you but I'm on this 56K connection which is only connected at 21K and I have to leave very soon. Sorry, wish I could help.:(

Eric

Here it is ntoskrnl.exe XP-Home version 5.1.2600.31

:mad: I did a mistake again. Sorry it is the wrong language version for you. Did not consider that. :mad: :(

Does it matter? I'll see what happens. Is there a way to view it without shutting down\logging off?

I just opened it with resourcehacker. There are specific German parts in it. I fear it will not work.

Hey Aileron. Might have figured this out for us both. I found the ntoskrnl.exe at another location on the hard drive. It is part of the microsoft critical updates. I am going to see if it works & I post back in a couple of hours.

Anyway it is here > C:\Windows\$NtUninstallQ317277$.
Found it doing a search.

Thanx, I'll check into that later. It's bed time now:(

L8er,
Eric

That was a big fizzer. When I swapped the file windows would not load. Went to safe mode & swapped them back. When I hooked up to the internet the firewall went haywire. All programs needed permission again.

yoyo. After checking the file I saw that mine was the same version, except for the language that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back