What’s your religion then?

I have no religion. Religion is a form of control and brain washing.

Religion was invented to cause hate. I am a bastard and an agnostic, the bastard part as I was born out of wed lock and I will only believe it when I see or experience it with my own eyes and feelings.

Religion should be banned from Schools, society and politics. If people want religion they should wait till they're an adult rather than parents stuffing this crap down their kids throats.

We all bleed the same blood (not type) we are all homo sapiens, we have various colours, shapes and sizes, but can breed genetically.

It's all baaaallllcocks!

What he said ^^^^ :D
I never got married in Church,went to registery office,and never had the kids baptised either.I think that people who do and aren't religious are hypocrit's

Any other Friends?

I believe in "that of God in all men" is always my short answer regarding my faith (I dislike the term religion, although it cannot be avoided to be specific)...

I'd prefer to stay fairly quiet about it - see here if this seems too evasive.

paul2-0-0-2 said:
WTF!!

How do you work that out??

Anit got religion
I will tell you. You cannot prove one way or utter that there is a God. People follow scriptures and passages from books written thousands of years ago that have been changed over the years to suit the individual needs of each religion.

It's all wet and retarded.

I was on about

'' Religion is a form of control and brain washing.''

What you said dont Answer that lol

Confirmed Protestant - but went to catholic school, got confirmed cos I got fed up of watching catholics drink wine every weekend while I had to sit there. I haven't been to church since I left school. I thought the whole protestant thing was gonna collapse anyway because of that billy-bob-bent-as-a-question-mark affair, but yeah, I didn't really follow it.

Well Paul, you are told from a young age you have to conform to certain dates, believe in certain events that probably never happened and also wear certain clothing, to name but 3.
Well EP I think by your name your family may of once like my grandad came from Northern Ireland. The religion thing is pretty shambolic there.

You even look Irish.

Electronic Punk said:
got confirmed cos I got fed up of watching catholics drink wine every weekend while I had to sit there.

I just had to quote that, it's so [e]-Punk :p

Werd. I'd have to agree with a few statements here.
I see pretty much any religion as a form of control.
As sad as it is, it's quite obvious that the human race needs to be controlled in some way or another.
There are humans that are leaders, and humans that need to be lead or directed.
For some or most people, it's just easier in life to believe something and not question it and get on to doing their own thing, living their lives, working their jobs, getting their house w/ white picket fence, raising their kids, retiring and then finally,dying.
Leaders in any form of group setting have siezed this aspect and have gotten greedy with it.
It bothers me and also makes me laugh when I see people do great things with themselves and then 'thank the lord' for what they were given. Said people did such things on their own and with their own power and don't like to believe in themselves and give themselves the credit they deserve.

Electronic Punk said:
Confirmed Protestant - but went to catholic school, got confirmed cos I got fed up of watching catholics drink wine every weekend while I had to sit there. I haven't been to church since I left school. I thought the whole protestant thing was gonna collapse anyway because of that billy-bob-bent-as-a-question-mark affair, but yeah, I didn't really follow it.

soo @ a rangers v/s celtic game you beat yourself up eh :cool:

remind me to hook up with you for a footy game @ a bar when I am in england next... might be quite entertaining me thinks :D

Maybe then now’s the time to form your own views. Religion is historically the voice of the un-heard masses as perpetrated by the educated. It’s also the main reason for human deaths in the last two thousand years. It’s the last evil left on earth, do you believe this? It’s difficult isn’t it?

Nevertheless brainwashing is a documented part of religion and so if you have a set of beliefs that require the elimination of some sort of opposition it’s not religion but brainwashing commonly now know as politics. Religion is what’s left when all else has failed and you are totally on your own with no one else to turn to, it’s your darkest fear, so why should you believe it?

:) :) :eek:

dave holbon said:
Maybe then now’s the time to form your own views. Religion is historically the voice of the un-heard masses as perpetrated by the educated. It’s also the main reason for human deaths in the last two thousand years. It’s the last evil left on earth, do you believe this? It’s difficult isn’t it?

Nevertheless brainwashing is a documented part of religion and so if you have a set of beliefs that require the elimination of some sort of opposition it’s not religion but brainwashing commonly now know as politics. Religion is what’s left when all else has failed and you are totally on your own with no one else to turn to, it’s your darkest fear, so why should you believe it?

:) :) :eek:

Werd.
I think there's a fine line in believing in something/someone and being brainwashed.

Lee said:
Religion was invented to cause hate.
Religion was "invented" as a form of goverment. But apart from that I can only say WORD!

I could say my religion is atheism, but since atheism is the absense of religion I won't. But I think you know what I mean. ;)

religion was invented as an explanation for things that were considered supernatural such as natural phenomena...

go back to the days of cave dwellers and you will see fertile mother figures (perhaps mother nature?) with offerings and also much reverence shown to them in cave paintings...

as people evolved so did religion to become what we see it as today...

wrt atheism... it is more a lack of belief of gods than a religion per se...

if you follow any type of doctrine... about god or spiritual figures or anything of the nature you are a religious person... either agnostic or a member of the faith...

if you don't follow any religious doctrine (ie the belief there is no gods) you are an athiest..

if you believe in god but don't follow a particular doctrine and believe in a supreme being... or worship all gods/tolerate all religions you are a pantheist...

rather a confusing state to be in but obvious there are some practitioners...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back