What’s your religion then?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by dave holbon, Sep 11, 2004.

1. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

What’s your religion then?

I’m a moron or so I’m told, we can have as many wives as I can support = 0. I also believe in the famous religion called “alcohism” the ancient study of the stars. My current religion is called agnostic bastard. This gives you the chance to criticise everyone else whilst remaining totally immune from blame. We have many politicians in our chaplets and seaside hotels where we provide selective “company” to further our cause for humanity as our religion has to make a profit to reproduce.

We believe in the death penalty so long as it’s never implemented, freedom so long as it does not impede on my financial situation and the rule of law as long as it supports my companies financial success. We stand against direct taxation, wars, racism, poverty and victimisation. We are in fact you.

:) :) :)

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

agnostic bastard sounds lovley :) tho I was born and raised as a misanthropic smartass :p

3. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

ok? My religion is i dont w/e the **** i want pretty much and that i will never go to church. Not that i hate god and all that its just that why go sit for 2 hours on a bench listen to some dumbass child rapist talk about john 6:66 or w/e everytime u go to chruch. I dont really know what to beleave. I mean nobody has real proof that there is a heaven and hell. Who really is gonna beleave a book with writing for hundreds of years ago. Its pretty much sayin i can take a sh*t and call it god and people will pray over it? I ate dogging anybody or anything. I dont think any different about a person that goes to chruch or anything its just my opinion.

Remember this post was not to offend anybody.

4. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Benny,

You do not appear to be unfriendly to me. But then I don’t know me!!

:) :)

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

You need to watch a film called “The Green Mile” which is a bit of an oldie now, but starred “John Hanks” Hmmmmmm.
    :cool:

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Its tom hanks derrrr. :p I know the movie but never watched it.

7. Tabula Rasa

Isn't "the knowing of the me" one of the main aspects of Buddhism? :p
    Actually the smartas balances the misanthropia :)

8. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Human Being with a touch of *******/god complex

9. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

There are many rooms in the houses of various gods, some support the theory that Tom Hanks is an actor, others that he is a god, and I believe that he is “John Hanks” provider of news snippets to the trade. But then I’m Father Christmas” to some and a dissident to others. Maybe I’m a closet Salvationist (banned in Russia) and will distribute the “War Cry” to whoever is currently at war. That by the way is you and me; it’s just not that obvious yet. Gestation periods for wars are now about three years long.

The knowing of me is the hardest thing to even imagine, large holes filled by religion are where this fits. Religion is like a thought you had yesterday but can’t explain somehow
    :eek:

10. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

My religion... The Church of The Patriot of St. Schizophrenia. The inscription over the door to my church says " Roses are red, violets are blue, I worship me, and so do I" :p ...don't look at me like that...I SAID DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!!!! :eek:

11. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

I have a similar notice over the door of my church. It reads “THE LICENCE IS MR BLOGS”. I’ll bet his first name is Joe.

12. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Buddhism? Ah yes
    Suffering exists
    1. Suffering arises from attachment to desires
    2. Suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases
    3. Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path
    This eightfold path requires my bank details and a large transfer of funds from your bank to mine. What could be fairer in the perpetual search for freedom?

:) :) :) :eek:

13. ThePatriot

Wouldn't that then be the offshoot religion of Buddhism...."Washingtonism, the worship of the Almighty Dollar"?
    :p

14. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

This is one of the “TRUE” religions of our time. Money is everything, your own family is based on it. And as the Crusaders found out, the Venetians financing their “Crusades” found that it interfered with their trade so stopped the money, result is that the Crusades failed. That’s religion for you.

15. ThePatriot

LOL, yup! I respect whatever religion anyone chooses (or doesn't), but I will tell you that between the stories my wife told me (she grew up in a very Catholic family, and went her entire School years to a Catholic school), and what I have seen firsthand (not very religious growing up, but Mom was)...well, I don't want to offend...but oh man are they about the money. At least the ones I've seen. So, I guess not much has changed since the middle ages, huh? :)

16. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Oh that "not much has changed since the middle ages"

Yes yes how true that statment is as we can trace the roots of rockerfeller back to nimrod and both loved the idea of some kind of war to control the mases.

Their GOD is DEATH

17. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

How amny of you have actually READ the Bible, Koran, etc...?

I have been kicked out of more churces than I care to think about, and have spray painted 666 on a few, as well as throwing rocks, doing burnouts and crapping on teh steps.

The best religion I have ever seen I have walked away from.

18. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

agnostic bastard here as well and while I'm at it...

Karma is inherently selfish!

19. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

the belief in facts (or FACTism... not to be confused with facism which came about when mussolini cut himself when shaving)

atheism is bliss...

20. Tabula Rasa

I've read all major three, can't say its the greatest thing I ever read, but it has its importance :)