Vista WEI score

Re: What are your Vista Performance scores?

I wouldn't be. Opterons aren't nearly as good as people like to make them out to be :)

We have 3 racks full of slower clocked non-core Xeons that outpace higher rated Opterons. We stopped buying Opterons when we realised that and leased all the Opterons to an AMD fan customer :)

I was more shocked that Core 2 Duo was faster considering that AMD's stuff has much higher overall data throughput with the onboard MMU and the high bandwidth HT bus.

FWIW, I have seen the 150GB Raptors running outside of RAID score a 5.9 on their own :)

my overall score is 4.3

amd athlin64 3500+ with 1gb ram

5.3 :)

Attachments

• 5point3.jpg
    5point3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 420

... 3.8
This memory thing is killing me.

With: Dcore AMD Opteron165 1,80Ghz (overclock up to 17%), 2Gb, Asus A8V deluxe and Diamond Radeon x800 xt, 1 IDE & 2 HD's

Got following results:
Processor: 4,7
Mem: 4,6
Graph: 5,9
Gaming: 4,9
Hardd: 5,1

Giving average of 5,04
and score 4,6.

-ave-

5.0, with that damn indexer service running in the background. Will give it a clean install today and disable that windows search and see if it makes a difference.

Attachments

• Vista.jpg
    Vista.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

no it doesn't. Windows disables all performance affecting stuff while it runs the benchmark.

What CPU do you have?

Edit: Additonally the indexer service is an idle priority task so it only indexes with idle cpu time.

Just done a clean install (to desktop only), exactly the same scores so it's pretty accurate. :)

Athlon X2 Dual core 4200+

Spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to get vista to work, would display the loading green bar but then screen would go black. Tried everything that I could think of. Turns out it was an IRQ conflict with the graphics card which a reset DMA pool data in the bios fixed! :s :p

I need a new PC, my scores are abysmal :(

5.0, with that damn indexer service running in the background. Will give it a clean install today and disable that windows search and see if it makes a difference.
What kind of RAM do you have?
I got another 512mb and replaced the CL3, it jumped from my 3.8 to a 4.9 :p
But still yours is a lot better in Mem.
Other than that, i still have the 5.2 cpu score, then 5.9 for graphics, 5.6 on the hdd but a 4.9 on the damn memory :(
im sure its because I have 4 sticks (2 1gb, 2 512mb) to equal 3gb, but i dont care lol. :p

On my sisters new laptop - 2.1- let down by graphics

Processor - 4.5
Memory - 3.9
Graphics - 2.1
Gaming Graphics - 3.0
Hard Disk - 4.8

Perfect for her Photoshopping and music library!

On my sisters new laptop - 2.1- let down by graphics

Processor - 4.5
Memory - 3.9
Graphics - 2.1
Gaming Graphics - 3.0
Hard Disk - 4.8

Perfect for her Photoshopping and music library!
My friends laptop got a 1 because of the HDD and video card lol

O ok, so its ddr2.
Cuz that CL stinks like all the DDR2s, but u make it up with what? 800mhz?

O ok, so its ddr2.
Cuz that CL stinks like all the DDR2s, but u make it up with what? 800mhz?
According to Sandra 2 x 315Mhz (630Mhz data rate).

ok.
Dont know what that means but :p

Neither do I, lol! :p I just know when I built the pc I have to put matching pairs in certain different coloured memory slots.

According to Sandra 2 x 315Mhz (630Mhz data rate).

DDR2 makes my head hurt...

It should be 333 and 667 clock speeds for DDR2 PC 5300. It looks like your system RAM may be 10% underclocked (or Sandra is wrong, try CPUz if it has a Vista friendly version yet).

Vanquished -
DDR2 is actually quad clocked while DDR is double clocked.
i.e. a DDR2 400 is actually running at 200 mhz clock but putting out data at 800 Mhz rate. The RAM chips are the same and can't sustain that rate so they retard the timings so the chips can catch up. The big claim to fame is since the base clock speed is really half of DDR speeds the power consumption is way down and the maximum possible effective data rate frequency is 2x DDR and 4x the clock.

DDR2 667 or 5300/5400 (same devices just different manufactures round the number differently) is actually PC 5333 data rate compared to the max possible PC 3200 data rate from DDR 400 (there is some DDR 500/ PC4000). The 66% increase in bandwidth swamps the additional clock delays. Note DDR2 400 is measurably slower than DDR 400 but uses much less power (good for laptops).

Sorry you asked?

Last edited:

DDR2 makes my head hurt...

It should be 333 and 667 clock speeds for DDR2 PC 5300. It looks like your system RAM may be 10% underclocked (or Sandra is wrong, try CPUz if it has a Vista friendly version yet).

Vanquished -
DDR2 is actually quad clocked while DDR is double clocked.
i.e. a DDR2 400 is actually running at 200 mhz clock but putting out data at 800 Mhz rate. The RAM chips are the same and can't sustain that rate so they retard the timings so the chips can catch up. The big claim to fame is since the base clock speed is really half of DDR speeds the power consumption is way down and the maximum possible effective data rate frequency is 2x DDR and 4x the clock.

DDR2 667 or 5300/5400 (same devices just different manufactures round the number differently) is actually PC 5333 data rate compared to the max possible PC 3200 data rate from DDR 400 (there is some DDR 500/ PC4000). The 66% increase in bandwidth swamps the additional clock delays. Note DDR2 400 is measurably slower than DDR 400 but uses much less power (good for laptops).

Sorry you asked?
No lol.
Thats what i expected, my friend told me something along the lines of that.
The second part i had no clue what you were talking about lol. But my question has been answered :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back