Vista WEI score

Re: What are your Vista Performance scores?

I'm guessing a 6. I can't see the C2D being that far off. Same goes for Lord's video card and RAM (both near the top).

That was my guees as well, but I think there isn't enough space between his gpu score and max for better cards (not to mention even sli/crossfire).
His ramscore is the same as mine, but he's got ddr800 while I have ddr667, strange.

There isn't all that much to tell between DDR2667 and DDR2800 I just went for DDR2800 since I was buying oncredit and had to save up around £800 anyway :)

I scored a 2.0 because of my ****ing video card, looks as if I'll be checking the papers today for sales and get something new tomorrow. I have a low end card because I don't game at all, never noticed anything on XP but it's dragging tail in Vista (just installed this A.M.)

Everything else looks good enough.

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 428

I origanly scored 4.2 (lowest was CPU). Graphics was 5.7, then i installed the latest nvida drivers and it went down to 2.5! WTF!

4.4 Stupid FX-57 :(
Dragged my whole system down :eek:

Don't install NVIDIA drivers, there are none for the RTM version yet.

I was going to get this card since it was a good deal, but it sold out rather quick last night :eek:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p?skuId=7634795&type=product&id=1130987444322

May try to go to stores today to get something similar.

-edit-

Rather intheresting Khayman, perhaps I'll try to find different video drivers first. I had ran the upgrade advisor and everything seemed up to snuff beforehand, hrmph!

Last edited:

4.4 Stupid FX-57 :(
Dragged my whole system down :eek:

Don't install NVIDIA drivers, there are none for the RTM version yet.
yeah, but i was trying to play HL2 and it was all flickery, but it worked after i installed the new drivers, also that UAC made the screen blank out for a second, and reduced to a quick flicker afterwards.

Hmmm hopefuly new ones will be out soon

Drivers that came with Vista are actually newer than drivers from the vendor :(

Looks like I may have to upgrade.

I can't get HL2 or FEAR to work, just being patient.
Last NVIDIA told me was that they would have drivers out by January 30th, which is nice.

I can't get HL2 or FEAR to work, just being patient.
Last NVIDIA told me was that they would have drivers out by January 30th, which is nice.
Hmm, HL2 played fine for me (after getting the drivers) although when i came out of it, then windows flickered when something moved, which fixed when i faux changed the res

HL2 was fine on RC2, damn last minute changes :)

Intel is slow to the market with drivers for Vista. PRO Set drivers (beta) are available though.

So I went to CompUSA and bought a new video card.

Came home, popped the card in, Vista recognized it instantly and assigned it drivers. After the reboot to complete the installation, my performance score went from a 2.0/3.1 to a 4.6/4.9 - not bad if I do say so myself for a $100 video card.

So, just for ha-ha's, I popped in the CD that was in the box and let her rip. After installing all the software, I rebooted, only to run into a BSOD. Went into Safe Mode, tried the "update driver" first (driver rollback was greyed out), pointed it to the CD, found an update and installed without issue. I then rebooted, Windows came up with no problems. I ran a performance scan again, this time I got a 1.0/1.0 - WTF! I guess me and SuperKhay have the same problems ;)

So as we stand now, I peeled off all the ATI software/drivers, and am running off the drivers that Vista came with. My score has settled at a 4.5 now, which is a nice improvement from what I had before. I can't help but wonder if my score will go up if/when the vendor releases drivers for Vista to work with their hardware specifically.

*fingers crossed*

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 286

So i fully installed Vista, primary and only OS. default drivers, got 4.1 overall (for cpu) but a 5.6 for graphics and 5.9 for hard drive. which was nice :)

Are you using Vista or Manufacturer video drivers?

Default vista drivers

I was averaging around 3. I was surprised with how good it ran, I only have 512 meg of ram. It showed that I had, at most, 7 meg free and it still ran better than xp with 250 meg free ... There was no hanging either.

I think the most lag/hang you will get is when there are video RAM problems, except if you turn of Aero and everything else fancy.

When I first installed with my P.O.S. video card, it was lagggggyyyyyy - works like a champ now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back