vinyl to mp3 how

N

neilafc

i want to convert my vinyl to mp3 i have no idea where to start.There are pink green and blue jacks on my pc.thanks

Try the blue jack. If I remember correctly the blue jack is the industry standard line-in.

What sort of record deck are you using to play the Vinyl ?
If you are using a normal hi-fi deck you will need to pre-amp the signal to record it via a PC.

Get a torch if needed. Like madmax1345 said. You are looking for 'line in'.

Posted by Hipster Doofus
Get a torch if needed. Like madmax1345 said. You are looking for 'line in'.

Hipster - sorry but I couldn't resist - wouldn't a torch melt the vinyl????;) ;)

I know you mean a flashlight as us yankees would call it.

Perhaps I am amazed that someone has vinyl left (I do) and even more amazed that they have something to play the vinyl on (I do not!):D :D

Maybe that's why we haven't heard from neilafc?

I didn't do it. :eek:

All my vinyls went about ten years ago.

I actually buy more vinyl than CD's, i can't remember the last time i bought a CD, but i bought 4 new vinyls last week :happy:

SPeedY_B - are you serious?

I didn't know they still produced vinyls - of course I live a sheltered live in Mississippi which is behind the times.

Or is the UK behind Mississippi?

Or do I misunderstand - like we are talking about records - like 33 1/3's (LPs) or 45's (singles). Those normally black round things with grooves you play on this thing that goes around and around and has a dog on it and a big old cone that emits the sound and has an RCA medallion on it????;) ;)

:happy:
Yup, im serious, im a DJ so i have to buy vinyls :)

Thanks SPeedY_B - I thought you were pulling my leg - but if that's your profession - then I can understand your reasoning and why ya need the vinyl - I guess I just never gave the DJ angle much thought! Sorry!:eek:

heh, it is quite rare to find vinyl these days of new music unless its something in the dance genre or like-wise.
People who are just into this kind of music will usually buy compilation CD's so not many people know that there are new vinyls released every week because quite simply they dont -need- to :happy:

SPeedY_B - thanks for the info - I am one that is not in the know - because I obviously don't need to!;) ;)

<dy thinks - man this forum is awesome - I can learn about all kinds of things here>

Yeah, these forums are an excellent resource for almost anything we'd be doomed without em ^_^

I buy a ton of Vinyl every week and the first thing I do is put them to mp3 that way I will always have a copy. I use soundforge to record them.

Here in the San Francisco Bay area there are many vinyl stores. I too have bought many more albums on vinyl this year than cd. There is just a certin sound from vinyl that is hard to replicate on cd.

Hmm, order mine online as the selection is Salisbury is horrible.
Tho I did see a new release the other day... shock horror!
(Joy Kitikonti - JoyDontStop :D)

Heh, theres f-all shops here, let alone record shops :D

* wubs IMO Records :happy: *

right what thanks for previous info next question,what format do i save it as cause i want to use a mp3 player in the van

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back