Upcoming 64bit user...

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hi I will be getting a 64bit setup pretty soon but i gotta buy the mobo while my step mom and my dad by the rest of the stuff for my b-day. I was wondering what you all think about refurbised mobo Here
I was gonna play on getting this

I want to get a 939 but if the refurb mobo isnt a good idea I wont. Thanks

edit: found a msi board that supports 939 for $100. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-469&depa=0

Should this be all ok then? On a limited budget as u can tell. Thanks

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80699-2

this processor is the same as the one you were looking for but it is the retail version of the processor comes with the AMD heatsink and fan, and a 3 year manufacturer warranty...the one you are looking at has no heatsink and fan and I believe a much much shorter warranty...I'll look at motherboards next to see if there are any other boards around 100 like the one you are looking at...it looks nice but maybe there are more options

EDIT...
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241780

this motherboard is 16 dollars more but has the better performing nforce 3 ultra with socket 939

well i cant get that mobo anymore cause i dont have the money. I know its sad i dont have 16 more bucks but i just went to the mall and i saved 100 on the dot for the mobo i posted. Thanks for the help my mom is gonna order the mobo right now.

lol...its all taken care of. I should be getting my motherboard either tomorrow,wednesday or thursday. Isnt there a way i can track my order?

edit: got the tracking order info.

Estimated delivery
Dec 30, 2004 4:30 PM :)...it hasnt even left its place yet :(.

Tittlebitties if you tell me you boutgh a via chipset board I'm gonna fly over there and remove your heart to put you out of the worlds misery....

Can you not save up for a few extra weeks and get a decent motherboard for once?

Do us all a favour and follow ouor advice atlest once, than atleast we'll get earlywarning on at least one earthquake :D

lol...sorry :(. I tried to get ahold of u but u werent around. O well i am happy with what i am getting. Should i get pc3200 for ram?

lol...ok that **** is alot tho. I guess i gotta pay for more of the **** too.

LordofLA just for my info... what exactly is wrong with Via chipsets?

unstable, buggy, pci bus issues (still after 10 years), cause of alot of issues between creative soundcards and nvidia vga cards.

nvidia should bethe only chipset you consider for AMD machines and Intel should be the only chipset you consider for intel cpu machines for absolute best results.

THere is no reason not to. Just takes people on a lower budget just a little longer to save up. If Ic an do it while unemplyed, I'm sure anyone else can.

LOL...it came today!!!!!! I checked online and it went down $2 in price lol. Cant wait to get it all setup. What do u all recommed for ram? I not to sure i want what i posted above. I would want something $100 or under but decent.

I have never had a single issue with a via chipset worth mentioning :)

wrt nvidia chipsets... consider their crap performance on gen 1 nf3 chipsets and consider their outstanding issues wrt cpu utilization and wrt s-ata and u-ata performances..

for amd chipsets... via/nvidia/ati and sis and others all are good solutions... for intel, via/intel/ati and in the future nvidia and others are all good solutions...

look more for features and functionality since general QC is rather mature and good for all current solutions...

going by the standard reasoning you are giving lord... asus/abit and msi are mobo makers everyone should avoid as well ;)

it just doesn't work that way...

And I have never had a single issue with Nvidia chipsets dont mean that are not problems , I say overall for AMD its Nvidia chipsets by far a better choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back