Upcoming 64bit user...

nvidia have not had as far as I'm arware pci busmaster issues across their product range for 10 years.

nvidia dont have issues with creative soundcards paired with their own vga cards

nvidia dont need drivers to fix a pci latency issue thats 10 yers old.

nvidia didnt release a buggy 1st gen nforce3 chipset either - they just came up short on the feature set.

Via is a cheap and buggy solution. I dont recommend them to anyone for any reason.

LordOfLA said:
nvidia have not had as far as I'm arware pci busmaster issues across their product range for 10 years.

nope but they sure have had problems with ide performance and some peripheral performance shortcomings since their first chipset which still show up...

nvidia dont have issues with creative soundcards paired with their own vga cards

via does not make its own standalone vga cards to my knowledge... and I have not had a problem with via chipsets and either ati or nvidia gfx cards on any platform, be it ati or nvidia... there is a specific issue on the msi board I use related to gen 1 audigy's which has subsequently been addressed and fixed and other than that I know of no other issues...

nvidia dont need drivers to fix a pci latency issue thats 10 yers old.

what issue is this? I personally have had absolutely no issues with pci latencies on any via chipsets I have used vis-a-vis other chipsets

nvidia didnt release a buggy 1st gen nforce3 chipset either - they just came up short on the feature set.

the 1st gen chipset did not have hard pci/agp locks as advertised... they were floating locks at best and didn't work in many instances...

I would consider that a pretty serious bug don't you think?

Via is a cheap and buggy solution. I dont recommend them to anyone for any reason.

you are free to disagree with a particualr IHV or system builder or manufacturer's ethics or reputation... painting a singular damning picture of a manufacturer while painting a misleadingly glowing portrait of its competitor does not do your argument justice...

I maintain that via provide just as good a solution as nvidia does... when it comes to preferences related to certain features v/s others, there you have an argument one way or the other...

Not everybody has problems with something someone else has. It all depends on the hardware you have or software or just w.e. I like what i got and if anybody has a prob with it then to bad :p. Now back on topic about my ram question :p.

Ok, I've read some interesting threads and this is definitely one of them.
Everyone has released buggy and or misleading features with their products. I don't think any one particular manufacturor honestly state that they produced a 100% perfect product. If so, what would a warranty be? Anyway... I'm not here to argue antics about anything.

Nvidia makes a good full featured product, so does Via. As far as recent reviews on boards for the latest sockets. Nvidia recieved better ratings. That's not to say that Via is anythings less then a great product though. As they weren't very far off.

I like my Nforce3 board. I have never had a problem with either Nforce or Via chipsets.

There ya go.

My dads gf order my chip today and also told me the same board i got i could of got for $89. She is has the same board and chip as i am getting cept hers isnt the neo2. She found kingmax for $65 that is supported by my mobo i guess the stuff i picked wasnt.

I am thinking about getting one of those power supplys that u just hook a power cable to instead of having all the useless ones in the way or a fanless one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back