Tweak : Remove Media Player 9 Watermark

what the hell is this crapp

It seems like i cant even play a single movie file without it crashing on me and reports it to microsoft - windows media 9 has made my system completely useless and i demand compensation. How the hell are they going to release final software without checking for bugs... that goddamn microsoft entrepeneur...

Management Wizard

Management Wizard doesnt work with MP9 and I need this to organise my MP3 album collection. Is there an updated version for MP9? if not whats the best way to get MP8 back.

Please Help,
Rob

Where do you get it

Where do you get WMP9??? I have suffered with WMPXP for a long time and I think I deserve it...

The freakin' thing (WMP9) is only causing problems on my PC. How can I uninstall it and revert back to WMP 8? I tried an installation of WMP 7.1 (d/l from the MS website) and a full reinstallation of all files, but it stops at the installation saying it has found a newer version of WMP on my PC. I also gave the command 'sfc/scannow' to see if it finds the WMP9 files and maybe reconizes them as bad versions (since they aren't official), but no luck either. So can I remove WMP9 and revert back to WMP 8 or must I wait for the official release of SP1 with all the new files in it?

ps. Do not say 'do a format and install XP all over again' 'cause I don't wanna do that.

Originally posted by glaanieboy
So can I remove WMP9 and revert back to WMP 8 or must I wait for the official release of SP1 with all the new files in it?
You tried system restore?

Originally posted by xsivforce

You tried system restore?

When I read this post I thought: 'Yes, of course!!!' But then I realised that I did some drive cleaning and I removed all but the recent restore point:mad: . The most recent restore point was from this morning, about one day after I installed WMP 9:( :( . So, no go here. Any other options I can try?

Hey dudes and dudetts:cool:

I got me a problem see, When i run WMP 9 its just normal, and i love it and all except for one thing. I installed the SP1 1078 and reinstalled WMP 9 since it had been uninstalled by the SP and taken back to WMP 8 but now when i minimize WMP 9 to the taskbar i dont get that cool silver player on it, I just get the stupid WMP tab and thats it........and damn it I WANT MY COOL TASKBAR WMP BACK!:(

Originally posted by glaanieboy

When I read this post I thought: 'Yes, of course!!!' But then I realised that I did some drive cleaning and I removed all but the recent restore point:mad: . The most recent restore point was from this morning, about one day after I installed WMP 9:( :( . So, no go here. Any other options I can try?
I tried, I tried to remove the Ffkjsdlfkjsdf thing. no dice. i know you don't want to hear it, but the safest way to go is reformat. sadly i am talking from experience.

Try just re-installing.....

XP on top of it's self it may take away media player 9 and put back 8.... Maybe!

I may not but that would take about 45mins, next to hours of installing all those we appz and backing up files etc....

Just a thought.

add /remove

Control Panel add/remove windows components / wmp is in the list now I wonder is this because I am on SP1 1073 and can see it ? I know there was a way to edit a file in windows system32 that allowed us to see hidden microsoft stuff a ways back like messenger to uninstall it we used to edit the file take out the word "hide" and save as and go back to control panel the windows components and we would see messenger .... so anyone remember that file name the one we edit maybe youwill see windows media player in list after and remove it from there? or anyone with no sp1 look in add/remove windows components, if its not there I am pretty sure we can find it the way we used to find messenger ...........

Re: WMP 9 Laggggg

Originally posted by AJG199
I just installed wmp9 and i notice whenever i try loading a video it just says loading for like 25 seconds then the movie shows. anyone know whats wrong?

Watch your internet connection as WMP9 loads, is it phoning home?

Navigate to C:windowsinf

EDIT sysoc.inf

thats the file ..... now I dunno but if it is like the msn messenger deal you need to do a find and edit the sysoc.inf located in C:/windows/inf and take out all the "hide" in every line and then save the .inf and go to add /remove in the control panel and hit the windows components tab and look to see if wmp shows up its a long shot but for all those that want to uninstall media player I think this might be a way out

Window Media Player 9???

is WMP-9 an offical release from Microsoft or Beta verison?
and also is there any performance difference from the regular one?

wmp9 is a beta. thats why it is causing problems.

Brad

I upgraded to Media Player 9 and now whenever I play a CD the sound is all distorted. It will play mp3s and video files okay but CDs sound really staticy and messed up. Also for some reason system restore is refusing to work so I can't get back to WMP 8. Any idea what could be wrong?

Originally posted by xxbigeyedfishxx
wmp9 is a beta. thats why it is causing problems.

Brad

Why, oh why was I so curious? I (almost) never use beta software and now I used a leak version too:(

an update...

OK, here's a small update of something I tried to remove the thing (WMP9) and revert back to WMP8:
I did a search for all files with the words 'Windows Media Player' in it and I isolated the files of which I was sure WMP used them. I made sure that System File Protection was activated and I loaded the Windows XP CD-ROM in my drive. Then I removed all the files with SHIFT+DELETE (deleting files, without emptying the Recycle Bin). SFP noticed I removed 'important' system files and replaced (most of) them back from the original XP CD-ROM. It seems that one file is missing or something, because now when I start WMP8 it says 'Internal Application Error Occured' and closes. No go here.

Now, but I'll keep that for tomorrow, I'm going to disable the SFP and download WMP 7.1 and start the setup. Then I'm going to find where it keeps the Temporary Files and then with a .inf file (I am sure it's included) install the thing. Then it should overwrite the files of the original WMP (maybe some renaming here and there) and I could play my files again! Theoratically.

But I'll leave that for tomorrow 'cause here in Holland it's 1:15 after midnight and I'll have to get up early tomorrow (or better said: in a few hours). I'll keep you posted.

why a people complaining about a leaked BETA version of a program?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back