This weather is to extreme!

Global Warming is here to stay.

When will the largest polluting nation on earth wake up?

Mastershakes said:
Global Warming is here to stay.

When will the largest polluting nation on earth wake up?
Actually, some parts of the nation have woken up. Pittsburgh for example; in the last ten years they spent a couple billion dollars cleaning the city up. They are tearing down all the run down buildings, putting up shopping centers, building better residential areas, and making the sections nice again. Since they Steel Mills closed down, they been turning it into a home office district for businesses.

I can remember going their as a kid and not being able to see the sky line at all. It was so smoggy, and dirty, not to mention smelt bad. Now you can see everything crystal clear. It looks a lot better then it did. Granted there are still some sections that need work done to them, but, in all cases, it is getting better by the day.

I just don't get Massachusetts.... Its really sunny outside and not windy at all and yet its still only 30 frigid degrees!!!!
-Jack

Vanquished said:
I just don't get Massachusetts.... Its really sunny outside and not windy at all and yet its still only 30 frigid degrees!!!!
-Jack
It's Winter, you better get used to it :p

Johnny said:
Actually, some parts of the nation have woken up. Pittsburgh for example; in the last ten years they spent a couple billion dollars cleaning the city up. They are tearing down all the run down buildings, putting up shopping centers, building better residential areas, and making the sections nice again. Since they Steel Mills closed down, they been turning it into a home office district for businesses.

I can remember going their as a kid and not being able to see the sky line at all. It was so smoggy, and dirty, not to mention smelt bad. Now you can see everything crystal clear. It looks a lot better then it did. Granted there are still some sections that need work done to them, but, in all cases, it is getting better by the day.

We are in better shape than the 70s. Federal government needs to be involved. Hopefully the 'economic' reasons for not doing jack about greenhouse gases will become obsolete.

Yah im used to it, i hate it when it snows though, my driveway is a killer, like 250-300 feet, steep and curvy...
The 4 wheel drives and AWD make it up fine but the BMW doesn't:(
Oh Well, thats what snowblowers are for!
-Jack

Awe, that sucks that your BMW can't make it up your 250-300 feet driveway.

Poor baby :p

Yeah... Thats why i dont use it in the winter, i use the 325 xi or the Montero... I dont use the m45 in the winter either...
-Jack

Vanquished said:
Yah im used to it, i hate it when it snows though, my driveway is a killer, like 250-300 feet, steep and curvy...
The 4 wheel drives and AWD make it up fine but the BMW doesn't:(
Oh Well, thats what snowblowers are for!
-Jack

At least your driveway is curvy... My parents on the other hand, oh man did they get screwed over :eek:

So, they bought the house, which had a covenant, and as part of the agreement, the contractor would plow the road. Oh, he did the first winter, but then nothing. My parents plow guy had to plow the street up to our driveway, just to get the job done, from then on...

To make matters worse, the road goes up 1 steep hill, and they didn't bother to put any curves in place to help lessen the incline some. Nope, it's just straight up the side of the hill. This isn't to mention that the road just had an undercoat, and no finished surface put on it, or that when this started falling apart the developer, instead of finishing it asked my parents and the 2 other houses which were then on the street if they'd like to own the road.

We all promptly told him no, at which he said tough, it's yours anyway. The cost to get the road repaired even to the condition it was (with no finished surface) would have costed us like $3.6 million. In spite of the fact that when I moved away, we had no deed to the stupid thing, we got stuck and because the developer was in the town's inner circle and new the right people in the town's own government, can anyone say corruption?

Oh, and with the thing falling apart, another person is allowed to continue driving their logging truck up/down that road, even though the road wasn't designed for a vehicle as heavy as that. The logger, also in the "inner circle". When I was there for a family reunion the road had gotten a lot worse, and has contined to do so. I wonder how long till it turns to a gravel road :eek:

Anyhow, and back to the winter... My parents do get stuck when it snows, and my mother nearly had an accident where the car skidded off the driveway/road and almost hit a tree. When it's snowed too, we've been unable to make it up such a steep incline, and had to park down towards the bottom, or on Rt. 1, and then walk up to the house.

Oh, and despite the contractor having gotten away with all of this, the town uses our road as an example of what not to do. They've routinely driven others out to the road my parents live off of, and told them "don't you go designing your road this way too. This is a perfect example of how not to do things" :eek: :laugh:

Last edited:
Yah unfortunately my driveway is curvy with a 30 foot cliff on the curve....
Im in the same boat though, i still park at the bottom if the snow started while im out, so not to pack down the snow, and the stupid plow guys hit my car once, they come down my street in a front end loader and they don't know where their damn bucket is...
That sucks though that your town shows your road off to people as being a bad example....
-Jack

I have a Hyundai; it has never given me problems in the snow. Front wheel drive will do that. Seems to be better than a BMW. Then, I was never really a BMW fan either; as I always like Mercedes better .. I do have to admit that I do like the BMW X series SUV’s, they are really nice.

The only reason the BMW sucks in the snow is that it is Rear wheel drive, the 325XI is great in the snow...
-Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back