The Official Internet Explorer 7 Discussion Thread

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Thread

Thanx, AZ. I already did that. The problem is that the right click options are grayed out. On this site anyhow, I find that I have to click the ieSpell button in the tool bar to check the spelling.

I also just noticed that there is spell check selection at the top right of the message window here. It would still be nice if the right click menu would work on here. Then not having to right click can turn out to be a good thing ..
Oh OK that happens on OSNN and some other forums I go to and only if you right click in the post window are the right click options of IeSpell grayed out. What I do is leave the cursor in the post window then right click outside of the post window > check spelling. Right-click over by the smilies or something but outside of the window you type in the words. :)

For those who use Bloglines...

Here's where having fans over at Microsoft has its benefits, especially for our users. Now, whenever you view a RSS-capable page on Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, you can subscribe to it in Bloglines with a single click.

bloglines1.JPG

Just look for the big orange RSS button that appears in your IE 7 toolbar. Click on it and you're done - you've just subscribed to that feed in your Bloglines account.

All you need is the new Bloglines Browser Plug-in.

Thanks to the folks at Microsoft for giving us the opportunity to develop this time-saving shortcut for you. Prefer a different browser? Watch this space. Like one-click subscription, you'll barely have to wait.

- The Bloglines Team

http://www.bloglines.com/about/news#124

its great, is there away to move the buttons and address bar down....i cant seem to do it...kinda like the old style...

google-rss-ie6.png

I have never seen this 404 before...ever

teh internet explorer 7 said:
The website declined to show this webpage
HTTP 403
Most likely causes:
This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

At some point in the near future I'd like to see a review comparing and contrasting IE 7.0 and Firefox 2.0. So for any of you who use both, give yourself some time with IE 7.0 and then write something up! :)

It's funny how they have a screenshot of Microsoft AntiSpyware for Windows Defender.

When you have a few tabs open and you want IE7 to save them so that the next time you start up IE, they are opened automatically. However, you have to tick "Open these the next time I use Internet Explorer" on a dialog box every single time you close IE for this to happen.

I want IE to do this without me having to tick that option every single time.

I've tried ticking on "Do not show me this dialog again", hoping that it would remember I want it to open up all tabs the way I closed them, but this simply turns off saving tab sessions.

Anyone know of a way to get around this?

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Thread

Oh OK that happens on OSNN and some other forums I go to and only if you right click in the post window are the right click options of IeSpell grayed out. What I do is leave the cursor in the post window then right click outside of the post window > check spelling. Right-click over by the smilies or something but outside of the window you type in the words. :)

Thanx, AZ. I didn't thing of that .. I treid it and it works :)

When you have a few tabs open and you want IE7 to save them so that the next time you start up IE, they are opened automatically. However, you have to tick "Open these the next time I use Internet Explorer" on a dialog box every single time you close IE for this to happen.

I want IE to do this without me having to tick that option every single time.

I've tried ticking on "Do not show me this dialog again", hoping that it would remember I want it to open up all tabs the way I closed them, but this simply turns off saving tab sessions.

Anyone know of a way to get around this?
I can't find a way either the way you want to do it but you could save them as a tab group into your favorites. Then one click would open all the tabs of that group.

I can't find a way either the way you want to do it but you could save them as a tab group into your favorites. Then one click would open all the tabs of that group.

Thanks for pointing that neat feature out (I didn't know about it before), but it's still the same amount of work! :lick:

I bet there is a reg hack that might be able to do what I want.

Yeah, IE7 was ok for a day or so, it's still not as configurable (easily) as I'd like.. Maxthon for whatever reason still uses less resources plus it does more.

Added a file to the first post that will move the menu bar (File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help) back to the top of the browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back