The Official Internet Explorer 7 Discussion Thread

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Thread

im sure this is a stretch, but is there a way to make all new tabs you open, open your homepage and not about:blank?

it would be nice to be able to change those fonts in the favorites panel

ech

Doesn't it use the font that your visual style/theme uses?

quick suggestion for the tab newbies

control+w closes just the tab you're on

interesting zombie, I learned from that page auto complete is off by default...I love that feature, turned it on

Great stuff here, also renamed the thread title to be flashier ;)

I was reading over an e-mail I got from MS regarding the release yesterday and the potential release around Nov 1 "based on functionality, the date may change"

Wonder if we will get the same version that day or something slightly incremented?

The one thing I really wish they would add is a spell checker .... Iespell isn't working the way it should, as far as the right click options ..
The latest version is 2.4.0.428 and what I had to do after installing IE 7 is go into IeSpell options > others tab > tick the box next to Show items in Internet Explorer's right click menu.

anyway to get the favorites panel permanent

I can't seem to do it

[edit]never mind, got it...have to hit the pin buton
I actually really like how it auto-hides. Since you are Mr. "real-estate", I would have assumed you were the same way ;)

The latest version is 2.4.0.428 and what I had to do after installing IE 7 is go into IeSpell options > others tab > tick the box next to Show items in Internet Explorer's right click menu.

Thanx, AZ. I already did that. The problem is that the right click options are grayed out. On this site anyhow, I find that I have to click the ieSpell button in the tool bar to check the spelling.

I also just noticed that there is spell check selection at the top right of the message window here. It would still be nice if the right click menu would work on here. Then not having to right click can turn out to be a good thing ..

Microsoft's IE 7 site no longer shows it as RC1. I assume it's officially available direct now?

Microsoft's IE 7 site no longer shows it as RC1. I assume it's officially available direct now?
It was as of yesterday, I updated the first post in this thread to have download links which were in the other thread ;)

Not sure the 24 hours is a fair timeline, betas have been available for months now. Since it references IE 7.x, no real idea if it is RTM edition only.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back