The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

muzikool said:
I agree. The default theme for 0.9 was awful. It would be nice to like the default theme enough to where you didn't immediately go and look for a replacement for it. I know that people have different tastes, but they could definitely do better than the last default theme.

Great at code, louzy at graphics. :p

got a BIG problema, my FF cant remember his COOKIES settings, i change them and when i chekc back its back to accept all cookies..........

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2

edit:

i already try unistalling it with a new profile and does the same thing :( :confused:

Hmm, that's an odd one.
Try entering "about:config" in the location bar. Then enter "cookie" in the filter box and hit enter. You should get a list of settings related to cookies. It's quite easy to tell which option does what, so just double-click each option to change it, and see if that works.

well i try that and i can set always allow sesion cookies and cookiew behavior but if i check my cookies settings in options they still the same

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 137
muzikool said:
I think I know what you're talking about gballard. Instead of taking you back to somewhere in the middle of the previous page where you linked from, it takes you back to the top of the page, right? I remember having to get used to this when I switched from IE.

I think though that it will take you back to where you were if you give it a moment. It seems like it takes you to the top and then jumps down to where you were a few seconds later. Since everything is cached, I don't see why it acts like it reloads some items on the page you jump back to... it does seem like it should just take you right back to the part of the page where you linked from.

I think the problem lies more in the code on the pages. For instance, OSNN used to behave like this but since the last update it has been back to going back to the correct place on the page. Ebay is still borked.

Daeron Tinúviel said:
any extension to clear all entrys in the url bar???

Ketchupisyourfriend has the history.dat tweak, but I found this extension that puts a button next to the URL bar I think this is the one I was using. It has other fetures also.

http://diggler.mozdev.org/

NetRyder said:
Hmm, that's an odd one.
Try entering "about:config" in the location bar. Then enter "cookie" in the filter box and hit enter. You should get a list of settings related to cookies. It's quite easy to tell which option does what, so just double-click each option to change it, and see if that works.

i end up makin a format (no because the ff problem) and after install mmoy and moox builds i got the same problem + extensions didnt install also + i got a bug that external links open in a new tab and in the current one.......so i return to the official build with a new profife and so far its workin ok again

Firefox Woes

I'm just converted to the light, and incredibly fast side, and am using Firefox as my primary brower.

Good as it is i'm having loads of problems will URL and FTP shortcuts on my desktop. When I create a new shortcut (.url) and double-click on it I get the following message everytime:

url_error.jpg

Obviously the text differs depending on the link.

The page its self actully loads, but this message is a real annoyance.

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this before?

Well for URL's I would just throw them all into a group and make them your "homepage" :)

It's an easy fix
smile.gif

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Tools>Folder Options
3. Click the "File Types" tab
4. Select Extension: (NONE), File Type: HyperText Transfer Protocol
5. Click Advanced toward the bottom of the window
6. In the Edit File Type window, select open and click Edit
7. Clear the DDE message box (which should contain "%1" or similar)
8. Click OK, Click OK
9. Repeat for File Type: HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy and FTP

ok got a problem haven't found anything to help ...there are certain websites that I go to that just keep reloading and reloading and I can't read them in firefox...will try in other browsers and get back...could be my browser so try this out and let me know if it's me or firefox...if I go from one tab to the next it stops but if it's the only tab open it keeps loading and loading

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/vcolumn040707rollsroyceteam.html

It is probably the site, they might have made it to not work in firefox. It didn't work on mine either.

ok cool...just wondering...there is another site that does it and if I find I wll post it

Works for me too.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2

working here ..
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a2) Gecko/20040628

Works fine here,

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040709 Firefox/0.9.1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back