The legacy project

Electronic Punk said:
The aftershock:

Lots to do,

- Smilies are bust
- Reputation need spreading out. ALOT.
- I need some "archive moderators"
- Join dates have not yet been done
This also seems interesting: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=376337#post376337

That thread appears to have been closed and comments have been posted, does this mean that thread "status" has been reset when imported? ie: all closed threads are now open?

Glaanieboy said:
I think mods for the 'Legacy' forum?
I think its more like people who will move the threads out of the Legacy forum and into the sections they should be in.
(If I'm right) A short word of advice to mods who want to merge old arcived threads with the new ones, merge the new with the old (do the merge in the arcive) and only then move it to where it belongs.
I think that way the order will go from oldest to newest, or am I way off?

surly the order will always be in date order no matter which way its merged?

Khayman said:
surly the order will always be in date order no matter which way its merged?
Your the Smod, you tell me :p
Anyway, just trying to keep things from going bananas again.

Benny said:
I think its more like people who will move the threads out of the Legacy forum and into the sections they should be in.
(If I'm right) A short word of advice to mods who want to merge old arcived threads with the new ones, merge the new with the old (do the merge in the arcive) and only then move it to where it belongs.
I think that way the order will go from oldest to newest, or am I way off?

Thats pretty much it Benny. Archive mods will have the ability to move threads to any of the other forum sections. It would be really great if we got a load of people to volunteer to do that for us, as I would really like to see Legacy eventually shrink and eventually even disappear. It doesn't matter which way threads are merged as they are totally re-ordered by time posted, not just stuck on the end.

So are we safe to just go at it and move threads out of their now, into the relevant sections?

I'd be happy to do that for a while later on tonight if need be.

Excellent EP, job well done ... X-Istence too :)

I'll help out with legacy forums, where do I sign up? :p

that was weird i just saw EP's post as part of bennys last post, refreshed a few minutes later and was its own post.....

Yeah, I hit edit instead of quote.
Seems to have been the only thing I cocked up today tho, so thats nice.

I'm willing to help out as well, I wont be able to do much on weekdays, but I can get a couple of hundreds on the weekend.

Ooooh we need a new little member tag "legacy mod" :p

It's so exciting :)

Sounds good, just snooping around making sure everything is working then I will have a think about it.

Lol! i thought that might be the case, otherwise Benny was refering to himself in the 3rd person! :)

I shall help with the legacy moving, of course :)

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, I hit edit instead of quote.
Seems to have been the only thing I cocked up today tho, so thats nice.
Lol! i thought that might be the case, otherwise Benny was refering to himself in the 3rd person! :)

I shall help with the legacy moving, of course :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back