stop error 0x40000080(0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

B

BigBrisy

Please could someone help me, i have been encountering random reboots on my puter for no aparent reason, a friend told me to disable the auto reboot function and take a note of the stop error on the blue screen if it happens again.
the error that appers is ***STOP: 0x40000080(0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000).
I have contacted Dell(my puter manufacturer)and Microsoft but i have had no help from them at all.
Can anyone pppppllllleeeeeaaaassseeeee resolve my problem?:(

its easy anough to say re-install windows....but what is actually causing this error?....wouldnt like to re-install windows to find its still there

Have you checked the MS website. I have called in about problems then found the answer on their website, the phone tech support staff dont seem to know what is already on the MS website. I think there is a list of the various STOP errors and their relevant causes.

Yea. Reinstalling it may be a good thing. Hopefully if you have Windows XP. If you want to do a clean install, which is where everything goes away, do the following.
Insert your Windows XP install disk in your main CD drive,
turn off machine, turn back on. The bios might detect that there is a cd, and ask if you want to boot from cd. If not, turn off your machine, and when it is showing the specs, processor speed, ram, etc, try pressing F8, that might bring up a little screen and ask you which device to boot first. You would want the CD Rom. If that does not work, go to the BIOS, which can be done by pressing delete or F1 a few seconds after you press the on button on your machine. From there, look around the BIOS, depends on what your have, on one of the options there should be a thing that tells you what is your first boot device, second, third. select cd rom as first, and harddrive as second, or floopy, what ever you want. after that, save, and exit. now when you turn your pc on, it should say, something like " press any key to boot from cd rom " . You do that. Then windows set up is going to load up, and give you options. if you dont care for loosing your date, select delete current partition, delete it, then there will be a screen asking you to format, so format, and then watch your windows set up. I hope this helps, good luck :)

Also, just got an idea. Do a windows update, see if that helps. If not, look around the MS site, for a patch that is relevant to your problem. If not that, I would do a reinstall. Just back up your needed things first.

i have checked the microsoft sight and have seen a list of stop errors but none match mine...when i contacted Dell they told me to disable the memory dump, resize the swap file and delete all sysdata.xml files from

my documents folder.....when i posted the stop error to them they seemed to think this was a common problem but after taking the steps they told me to do the random reboots are still occuring....do you think it has anything to do with a dodgy memory stick?

If the problem is not on your hardware side then these kind of problem is usually very hard to find a solution to solve... to find a solution for that problem would probably take longer to reinstall windows. and Usually these kind of problem will go away if it's not your hardware problem... so.... you make your decision on your PC... GOod LuCk.

apologies for my spelling...and the fact that it came in 2 replies there...:p

it could be anything.. and yes you are right.. looks like a memory problem... ( it's on the hardware side )... well.. try change your ram see if same thing happens..

i have a Dell Dimension 4300 which uses the old sdram(i know im a fecking fool) 2 sticks....1 at 512 and the other at 128...i'll try taking the 128 out and see how it goes...thanks for you help and suggestions guys

I think it's more likely that the bigger one is having problem... try taking the 512 out instead... big rams have more problems..

I have the same problem. I also have a 4300 with 1 128 stick and 1 256 stick. I really don't want to reinstall xp, let me know what you come up with BigBrisy!

thank feck...its not just me with this problem...hopefully i'll come up with the answer...and i'll let you know right away m8....the problem is it can go for a few days before it decides to reboot again.....but the most annoying thing is that im a big Counter-Strike player and it seems to happen most during games....rather annoying

I am having the same problem, please do let me know if you got the issue resolve. Thanks a million.

Sounds like a gfx card prob if it happens mostly during cs

what do you have for a card, and is there enough cooling on it?

hehehe..i know what the random rebooting and stop errors are like...except mine right now is due to my video card....can't do anything 3d and computer randomly freezes/reboots becasue the damn vendor said "oh we were out of the video card you ordered so we just sent you this one instead"...grrr....new one comes today though so all should be swell :)

Good luck with the blue screen of death!

I have changed my graphics card on my machine but i was getting the error before that anyway.....my new card is a hercules Geforce 3 64mb ti200...but i dont think thats the problem..i also thought at one time it was my Microsoft game voice hardware causing the problem but i tried it without and still got the error.....since i took out my 128mb memory stick i have had no problems so far....i'll keep my fingers crossed its just a dodgy stick.
Thanks for al your response guys and keep posting any suggestion on what it can be

Yeah, I'm taking your advice and I purchased another 256mb stick. hopefully it is a dodgy stick and this will fix the problem with my pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back