SoCal folks - did you feel the quake?

I remember hearing a couple months ago that Mt. Saint Helen was rumbling, that along side all the quakes lately I get the feeling something is brewing. I just hope we get enough warning that people can prepare. On a side note, We just got a offer in the mail from our insurence company for Earthquake coverage :p

Well Cali is on a giant fault line and has always been pron to quakes. It's also been joked (though not to funny for those living there or that have loved ones that do) that one of these days the whole thing could break off into the ocean. Also the fact that the earths magnetic poles are shifting might have to do w/ some of the crazy stuff as of late. Would mess up oceans and oceans controll much of the weather.

Well Cali is known for quakes, but this is getting to be nuts... Oh, and I read yesterday that Mt. Saint Helens was rumblin a bit...

On a side note, the fault lines on the west coast are known to be active more often, but there are fault lines on the east coast also.

http://www.usgs.gov/hazards/transcript.html

Son Goku said:
On a side note, the fault lines on the west coast are known to be active more often, but there are fault lines on the east coast also.
Yeah I've felt a couple of small quakes in my time here in Central NY. :)

Speaking of a fault line there...a funny one I heard but hadn't experienced myself. My parents retired in Maine when I was 16, back in December 1998. Till then I grew up in New Jersey.

Anyhow, someone I knew up there said she had some house guests over back in 1998 when they were having a bit of an earthquake. They told her that her boiler was exploding.

She tried to explain to them "It can't be. I don't have a boiler in my basement..."

"But you have to. Perhaps you just don't know about it. Earthquakes can't happen here. We're not in California" :D

"Umm, I know my own house. Trust me, there is no boiler in this house..."

:D BTW, she lived in that house like 20+ years or so...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back