Screen Corruption

ok...this is crazy...the problem is still happening...but not as bad. this time i see "artifacts" in games but the game is playable, it does not freeze like it used to. so im wondering...could i be a harddrive problem? because the guy who tested it tried his harddrive with the new motherboard and he said the system runs fine. but with mine it doesn't...i have an extra harddrive ive never used so im going to try installing windows on it to see if that clears up the problem.

You may have two problems. The MB and Video card. If the reformat doesn't work RMA the video card.

Dual failures are a pain to troubleshoot.

ok im pretty sure its nothing in my computer thats wrong....i take screenshots and they come up so it can't be my monitor (im right, right?). im only left to think it may be a cable or power problem on my side. because the shop owner said that he tried his harddrive and it worked fine...so this must mean that its something other than the computer in my house...like cables or monitors

one.123 said:
thats the setup im using...im almost positive its a windows/driver/software problem, because i switched cards and i still have problems with running games and stuff...so if after the format and still happens ill tell you

Use the drivers supplied via the microsoft windows update site.

That might help.

alright sorry i keep bringing this back but i really want to fix this problem...i have never had a problem this big before.

so far i have tried to :

replace motherboard
format / change harddrive
switch to old case

when i try a new graphics card..the screen jumps around, could it be the digital cable i use? and also a new discovery, when i take screen shots of the WoW login screen, only the dots come out in the screenshots, the big black stretch marks do not appear, could this mean anything?

edit: also i have sent an email to bfg tech requesting information on how to RMA my card, so far no reply, has anyone with a BFG card RMa'ed before?

one.123 said:
when i try a new graphics card..the screen jumps around, could it be the digital cable i use?
Digital cable? You made no mention of a "digital cable" before. If possible try replacing it, would be alot cheaper then a new card. Also since you have changed everything it could be except the cable I would put $ on it.

Although this is probably unrelated I’ve had problems with an ATI card and the Catalyst drivers (CRT monitor) when both the sync was incorrectly detected (-) but was actually (+) and the cable between the monitor and the graphics card also had a intermittent problem.

Block graphics attributes (flashing small boxes) and a blank or black bottom half of the screen might indicate that the card is attempting to operate in a graphics mode long ago forgotten but was an old VGA standard. The only way I cured this was to set the screen to VGA mode (640x480 16 colours, refresh rate of 60Hz), then uninstall the drivers for the card completely using the utility already mentioned, change the lead between the display and the card, re-boot into safe mode making sure that the screen works (else you have a non compatible card) re-boot into XP and let it re-detect the card. If it does not then you have a hardware problem either on the motherboard or the card itself

:) :)

Oh… and one other thing to try, as a last resort, is to remove the graphics card from the AGP slot, switch on the machine and listen for the beeps. Switch of the machine re-install the card and re-boot. This worked for me once a few years ago.

:rolleyes:

- change the lead between the display and the card

what does this mean? i was hoping this was a driver problem...but i don't think it is...i have changed my harddrive , so any driver problems would have been corrected right?
also BFG wants me to call them for warranty issues.

one.123 said:
after i reinstalled all my hardware to another case...im having screen corruption around all the text and images on the screen, little red and yellow dots and sometimes the text is just distorted. i reinstalled my drivers but its still doing the same. anyone know whats wrong?

check your powersupply connection to the mobo and to the video card. It is possible you may have stretched a wire from the powersupply either on the powersupply end or the other end or both. I wouldnt think this was likely happening but it indeed happened to me before and this was the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back