Screen Corruption

ok i did that and followed the instructions and no help still seeing dots and lines everywhere...installed the 66.93 drivers from the nvidia site

You say you switched hardware to a new case so I wonder a few things.

Did you just move all hardware or are some pieces new.

Is power supply the same as you had before?

Most cases come with power supply.

If new is it the same or higher specs as you had before?

When you put motherboard in new case did you make sure there were not any standoffs where they should not be?

Standoff's are what you screwed the motherboard down onto case with. If any are under motherboard where there is no screw hole in motherboard then you could be grounding something out you should not be.

hmm once again do you have a freind who has an AGp card that you could borrow just to test it?

ill use my tnt from my other comp to test it out tomorrow, thanks guys for all the help

alright i ended up calling BFG tech and he said something about the power cables that plug into it might be the problem...if anyone has a BFG card, could you tell me how your power cables are plugged in...before it was 2 seperate ones with 2 ends, 1 into a HDD and another into the BFg, now i changed it so that its one cable with 2 ends that go into the bfg. still the same. so then he said it could be a bad card so ill have to send them an email to see how i can send it to them since i live outside the US

ok tomorrow i think im going to format, just to see if it works that way...i was going to format sometime soon anyway. if someone that has this card can tell me how they setup their power cables, ill try that. but i want my last choice to be sending them the card

ok guys..i think i found it...its the card...i switched to my old geforce 3ti....no more dots. i guess i gotta send this card back..thanks guys for all the help though

hmm....not sure if its fixed 100%....now instead of dots..my screen jumps, everytime i change a setting, when it loads, and before windows even begins, when you see the windows logo and the blue loading bar..it jumps there too, could it be a motherboard problem?

id send the card back. get a new one and start over with the trouble shooting.

If the driver update doesn't work:

1) Make sure the power plug from the power supply into the video card is seated completely adn tightly.

2) When you changed cases did you also change to a new power supply? If you did put the old power supply in the new case and see if the problem clears up.

same powersupply, does anyone have a 6800ultar, if so tell me how you set up your power cables, the tech aguy seaid soemthign about a power rpoblem maybe

Yeah I've got a BFG 6800 Ultra, just make sure it's 2 molex, but from different lengths.. e.g. you'll have 1 with 3 molex.. and only one of them can go to one connector, you can't use 2 molex off the same stem.. (you get what i'm saying?)

It doesn't matter what else is on that bundle of cables, as long as the 2 molex on the card are from different lengths.

.. That's the clearest/simplest way I can type that :nervous:

What type of PSU is it?

thats the setup im using...im almost positive its a windows/driver/software problem, because i switched cards and i still have problems with running games and stuff...so if after the format and still happens ill tell you

if the bios has a bad checksum, then you need to go through the settings and make sure there right for your card :)

UPDATE...i formatted...my computer is fine until i install any nvidia driver...anyone know what the problem is?

nevermind....it still happens...but less often, and less dots...you guys think its just a bad card?

if anyone wanted to know i fixed my problem...i gave it to a computer shop and they found out that it was actually my motherboard's chipset that was causing the problems..it was an Asus A8V deluxe. i had to get a new one.Thanks to everyone that helped out :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back