Ruth Did it on Hot Dogs and Beer

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Brad, May 13, 2006.

1. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

[​IMG]

I love it.

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Saw that in the stands about a week ago, at least they aren't throwing needles at him anymore :eek:

3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Lol...I read in this article:

I hope, for the sake of all involved, that he really took steroids. It would be terrible to see fans be liars and a good man defamed. On the other hand, if he did take steroids, it's even sadder that a record was polluted by cheating. Judging from the size difference, I'm on the side of those who said he has.

4. Brad

Screw him. He did cheat. I don't care if it is still "technically" OK. The dude cheated.

5. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

I agree, what an idiot.

6. kcnychief

Bonds hits 715 today, passing Babe Ruth.

The guy who caught the ball was actually in line at a concession stand, buying a hot dog, which was Babe's favorite food. Funny, isn't it?

EDIT: Actually, he was getting peanuts and beer :lick:

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  7. Brad

Bonds pisses me off.

8. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

hmm that hotdog that ruth ate has sutff injected into it too....

9. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved.

Tread lightly with this thread.

10. Vanquished

We don't have any bonds likers here do we?

11. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I love the guy.

I think he's one of the best players ever.

12. Vanquished

I assume you loved him before the drug stuff, maybe your just a true fan :)

13. madmatt

There is no proof or evidence that he has ever used steroids... only speculation and hearsay. Innocent until proven guilty.

Give the guy a break. He is one of the best players to ever play the game of baseball.

14. Sazar

I have a respect for great players. Bonds is not the most likable guy in teh world and everyone is looking for a fall-guy. That's the issue.

How bad does Giambi get it? He's as big as ever and he's STILL crushing home-runs. And he admitted to taking steroids knowingly didn't he?

I wish Bonds was 100% healthy so he could continue doing what he's been doing all this time and we could compare just how effective steroids would have been.

Alas, that's not so.

He's been at the top of his game for a VERY long time and he's been a consistent performer. Even now, with his rickety knee and his busted elbow, he is STILL performing and is one of the leaders of his team.

What he has achieved and is continuing to achieve is amazing and it is a true shame that he is not given his due credit.

Griffey and Bonds were 2 players I had huge respect for and I still do. Griffey continues to produce even after being, essentially, put back together. I LOVE griffy. Bonds is no different to me.

15. Sazar

That should read "ever KNOWINGLY" taken. That's what he claims.

To me, I don't give a crap either way. He was not breaking any rules.

Ditto.

16. madmatt

Ahh yes, the "clear". Regardless of the usage. You can't name any other player in the history of the game that could go up to the plate and hit the ball like he does. Even at 40+ with two bad knees he is still able to play the game.

17. Sazar

I don't dispute that. Like I said, I have a lot of respect for what Bonds can do and has been doing.

18. kcnychief

If you even have a small miniscule of fan-age for Baseball, you have to respect what Bonds has done. He has SMASHED records, such as Babe Ruth's previously unapproachable slugging percentage, and he actually slugged .809% over a 5-year period. Babe was the only person to do it once, let alone 5 years.

When he was REALLY on his game, he was intentionally walked so much. For him to maintain the concentration required to still hit home runs at the pace he did, was simply amazing. He is in the 700 HR and 500 SB club, while no one else is even in 400/400.

The stats go on, and on, and on. From a historical standpoint, he, quite simply put, will be the best statistical player whenever he decides to hang it up. Regardless if he has KNOWINGLY used them, which has still not been proven either way, he's still been the BEST at doing it. Other players, hitters, pitchers, etc, have used them knowingly or not, and he was still BETTER than them.

19. Brad

It doesn't matter if he knowingly used them or not. The fact remains that he did use them. For this fact, and this fact alone, Bonds will ALWAYS have the * by his stats.

20. kcnychief

Um, check your facts buddy. This has not yet been PROVEN that he did use them yet. That's why he's being investigated for possible purgery charges. Right now it's all heresay.