Remember when XP ERIENCE used to be awesome

Posted by andy_rose
hehe....xsivforce now how could i leave u out???eventhough i didn't..i meant all u guys and gals..that goes to o_87, which btw make some exellent icons:) you all rock :D

p.s. xsiv..very nice site u got going..guess i have to join :)

Thanks, appreciate it :D

and just for the record, I write the best active desktop tutorials around. yeah. thanks.

mmmh good thread - thing about site slowness is it's patchy.

For me XP-e' is fast at home with ADSL but was almost as fast before when I had 56k. XP-e' is v. slow at work and connection there 90k +.

Others I know have similar findings...

As for site losing power - perhaps, perhaps not. If you go away for a few days (hours!) it easy to lose track of the flow - I have a bit & U can blame xsiv' for that :D

Mubbers

I have not been keeping track of it for the past 2 weeks, and I am lost. :-/

Posted by Mubbers
If you go away for a few days (hours!) it easy to lose track of the flow - I have a bit & U can blame xsiv' for that :D

Mubbers
<---- innocent. :confused: :blink: :huh:

Page generated i......

(over 10 times what it should be, maybe even 100 times... we WILL be flying soon, not that on bloody dialup I will notice ;))

I think this site is great and its always been like that :)

PS: The Invision smilies rock :cool:

I suppose that this site (and the people that make it work) should be supported in more ways than just greetings and adulations. I for one would be prepared to pay a small monthly contribution so that those that are devoting their time and effort get paid something in the quest for knowledge or learning.

What I suggest as an idea is the following: -

1. All members that can afford it, pay a voluntary contribution of $10 a month by whatever means are available, or contribute hardware etc.
2. No individual whether they contribute or not is treated differently from any other person/member.
3. The account that holds the cash (donations) is a registered charity (you can then claim back all the local taxes etc) this could then be almost self-financing.
4. Your site rules and administration already conform to this standard so no changes need to be made.

What do you think?

It’s so easy to criticise and not so easy to solve problems. I will contact who I know for their help who knows what may happen. But it must remain independent with no commercial ties.

Very noble thoughts Dave Holbon. I have talked to waddy before about the team members making contributions for the benefit of the site. (I will not speak for him) He does not want to take things to that point. I can understand his thoughts on that. This site started as a free resource for people with XP issues and I think he wants it to stay that way.

Nice ideas Dave, but I wouldn't take a penny for doing this, I do it because I enjoy it! Look at all the great ppl I've met :D

Posted by Jewelzz
Nice ideas Dave, but I wouldn't take a penny for doing this, I do it because I enjoy it! Look at all the great ppl I've met :D

She is talking about me before any of you lamers get any ideas

mahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

cool.gif

Posted by Iceman
She is talking about me before any of you lamers get any ideas

mahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

cool.gif
]

And what a lovely person you are... :blink:

Hijackers shame shame shame

and I used to like this site before all the hijackings

/me runs

cool.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back