PS3/Wii Demand (Or Lack Of)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by American Zombie, Jan 13, 2007.

1. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Full Article

2. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Its too expensive.

3. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

ok they where the sadest pictures i've seen in a while.....

although i am routing for ms and nintendo, i don't want to see the ps3 tank, as it equals an enormous amount of work for the people at sony.

Plus sony will go bankrupt is the ps3 tanks.....

4. Vanquished

I know,
    plus there is no valid reason other than price, for it to tank...
    maybe its specs are just too excessive.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

well..... kinda can't help but laugh at it though. The general public (and by that i mean PS3 fans on forums all over the place) thought the PS3 would be the #1 console to get.... and people were actually selling their Wii's for more than PS3's retailed for.... people trading their PS3's straight up for Wii's, returning their PS3's due to no demand. My local Wal-Mart had 2 PS3's returned an hour after they were purchased because the person that bought them found out there was no profit to be made on eBay.

Kinda looks like the order of things MIGHT be along the lines of:

1) Wii (or 360)
    >or a tie between the two
    2) 360 (or Wii)
    3) PS3

They kept saying "people will buy the PS3 because of it's graphics and because it's a cheap BluRay player." I talked to one kid at Wal-Mart, who wanted a PS3 (his mom buying it of course.... the kid was like 12), and he didn't even know what BluRay was. then again.... he also apparently had no clue about how to figure out which console was more popular, when 3 PS3's were in their case, and not a single Wii in sight. not even any Wii Remotes or Nunchucks.

6. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Sony was too arrogant for their own good. Maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and you know...actually begin releasing decent games.

There are two things that will make or break the PS3:

1)The Final Fantasy games
    2) MGS4 (and there are rumors this will be coming to the 360)

7. ElementalDragon

yeah... and the fact that once MGS4 comes out, the creators of it are looking towards an opportunity to develop something for the Wii.

i wouldn't really say they're too arrogant.... they just should have had two DIFFERENT focal point on their console:

a) not so much emphasis on BluRay/HD.... shoulda stuck with DVD to keep it cheaper.
    b) should have actually made commercials that actually looked like advertising, not just some retarded crap like a rubix cube exploding and a doll going all retarded

It doesn't help console sales when most people barely even know what BluRay is, thus won't see the reason for a $500-600 game console that in their minds does just as much as the $250-400 competition.

8. lancer

well i was at target in sarasota, fl and they had a ps3 20gb version there as well, thats just wrong,

9. ElementalDragon

i was just down at my local wal-mart again.... was like "wow, you's actually got rid of the PS3's". the person at the counter followed up with a "no... there's probably more in the back, nobody feels like going back to get any though."

10. Vanquished

Meh.
    This is weird, I can still not get ps3s in my area.
    No wiis either.

11. lancer

well you do live in MA

12. Vanquished

Thats true.

13. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

Maybe thats the problem. They've all been sent to NY or something, and are sitting in some large warehouse until someone ships them out.

14. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

all i know is i have a 360 and I am very happy with it. and im looking for a Wii and i cant even find it. Yet i was at best buy the other day and I literally saw 10 of them, just sitting there. Sony f*cked up and personally im glad, they wil pay for it this time.

15. Vanquished

Why do you not like Sony?
    Sony is probably one of the best businesses of our time...

16. lancer

sony used to be a wonderful company, now they just sell mediocre products that are vastly more expensive than the compitition.

A lot of their ideas they are selfish with and so no one supports them, then they fail, they do this time and time again...

17. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

Well lets start.. Sony doesn't give a sh*t about the consumer anymore. They keep trying to push DRM sh*t on us and propriatory technology that may or may not win.

To add on that i bought a sony digital handy cam for 500 a few months ago and have learned that it is a piece of sh*t as well.

18. Vanquished

Is it Son'ys Fault you didn't research?
    I say more power to em, if they can pawn off a ****ty camera for 500 bucks.

19. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Apart from price being the major factor for the item not shifting, I think there was too much hype and no stock available and that 75% of those that wanted a PS3 now have other plans on spending their money. If there were sufficient stock at the time of "original" release date then it might have been a different story.

20. bobsalot

bobsalot Boooooooooooooooooooom

i think elemental dragon hates ps3s or sony. maybe he had a bad experience or just loves the wii he likes to hate other consoles.

i personally...will get nothing...yet. my friend has a wii..he was soo hyped about getting one. now after a month after having one..his response is 'its okay. noveltys worn off a bit'.

i want a 360 after playing 1 game on it. i thought wow.

but if the ps3 comes waaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaay down in price to something humanly affordable and sensible..then maybe..just maybe.